Sony STR-DA2400ES or STR-DA3400ES with Jamo A102HCS5

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
As the subject says, is this a good matchup, or will the amp be far too powerful for these speakers?

Not sure which amp (if I can get hold of either!) to chose, but both have 100Wx7 @ 4ohms, however, the speakers are rated at 60W @ 6ohms?

I'm currently renovating an old cottage and I'm looking this type of speaker not to spoil the look of the place.

Thanks in advance

Craig

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
You only really need the the Sony 2400es even then that could run speakers upto and above the £1000 mark. Play.com had the 2400es for £429 they might still have some. This will be plenty and if you decide to upgrade your speakers it will be fine, can't you find some more cash for better speakers. Richer sounds are doing the Tannoy arena-lites for £399, not sure that includes stands and grilles, but a much better speaker package. They also have the kefs 2005.3 in silver for £499 which again is better than the Jamos, nothing wrong with them, but most forum members will tell you to spend more on the speakers then amp.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
To be honest, if you're set on those speakers, the 2400 would be more than good enough, and perhaps even overkill: the STR-DG820 would be fine too, if you can find one, as would the likes of the Onkyo TX-SR606.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys!

The only thing that worries me about the STR-DG820 is that it's 8ohm only, wouldn't it be better to be running at 4ohm with 6ohm speakers?

The thing about the other "small" speakers is the style of them, the reason I liked the Jamo is they are just easy to lose on a wall.

A

Anonymous

Once again, thanks for your help. I think I'm going to go for the KEF 2005.3 with the DG820 (if I ever find one!)

Sorry, but another question.

Even though 7.1 is still not widely used, is it worth paying for an extra 2 speakers and go 7.1 while I'm at it? Remembering that I'm renovating at the moment, so running the cables now is much easier with a stripped out house.

daveh75

CraigRogers:

Once again, thanks for your help. I think I'm going to go for the KEF 2005.3 with the DG820 (if I ever find one!)

Sorry, but another question.

Even though 7.1 is still not widely used, is it worth paying for an extra 2 speakers and go 7.1 while I'm at it? Remembering that I'm renovating at the moment, so running the cables now is much easier with a stripped out house.
Well if your in the middle of renovating it's certainly worth running the cable's at the very least.Also worth remembering that even though 7.1 isn't widely in use, your amp will have some sort of psuedo surround mode to give you 7.1 where it isn't available natively

A

Anonymous

My thoughts exactly......

Well, shopping spree it has been. In the end, I went for;

Sony STR-DA2400ES

KEF KHT2005.3 with 2 2001.3 speakers extra to create 7.1

40 Metres of QED Anniversary XT Cable

All I need know is a finished house to put it all in!.........

TRENDING THREADS