Sony PS-LX310BT

modric

Oct 27, 2021
Visit site
total novice here (apologies) but when they say it connects to a bluetooth device, does this include the google nest/dot mini as well? I think I'm getting confused between bluetooth output and receiving

Reactions: dhkatz

LGLemay

Oct 22, 2022
Visit site
total novice here (apologies) but when they say it connects to a bluetooth device, does this include the google nest/dot mini as well? I think I'm getting confused between bluetooth output and receiving

Hello, unfortunately bluetooth connectivity does not include Google speakers such as the Google Home, Nest & Mini as these use Chromecast rather than bluetooth.

After looking for a reasonably priced turntable that would play on Chromcast enabled speakers such as those from Google, and not finding anything, I bought this turntable today & I am quite happy with it.

I did find out that Google makes a larger speaker called the Google Max that will take an aux line in from the turntable, then use Chromecast to broadcast to other Google speakers. The Google Max is over $500 CAD though, so more than I wanted to spend. I'm using a JBL bluetooth speaker with this turntable & find the sound quite good. This turntable can broadcast to up to 8 bluetooth speakers but I'm not sure how far away they can be from the turntable.

I realise your question was over a year ago, but maybe this info is still helpful. Cheers.

dhkatz

Jul 11, 2023
Visit site

I know this is 2 years later, but for anyone seeing this yes I was able to connect this turntable to a Google Nest Mini and Google Nest Hub. The bluetooth on this turntable can be a bit finnicky (I partly blame Google too) but you can definitely get it to work.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts