Sony Playstation 3 - Game Recomendations

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just bought a PS3 on ebay so that I can connect it up to my new AV kit and enjoy the best possible gaming experience to pass the time away whenever im bored.

I have never been massive on games consoles but I dont mind a quick bash every now and then and im starting to catch the bug.

Please can any of you that own a PS3 give me some advice on what games are a good buy and enjoyable to play and also the ones that graphically look the best to show off my system? Obviously the games are around £40 each, so rather than take a gamble and risk wasting my money on rubbish I would be greatful if other people could give me their opinion.

Thanks

Andy

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Why not download demos using the inbuilt software?

Games id give a try are Killzone and Bioshock (Bioshock blew me away when I first tried it)

Other games id recommend are ~

GTA4 and Little Big Planet

The MUST have game is Call Of Duty 4

A

Anonymous

What type of thing interests you? These are some of mine.

Driving - Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, Burnout Paradise, or Motorstorm:pacific Rift

Shooters / Action - Call of Duty4: Modern Warfare, Killzone 2 , Resident Evil 5, Resistance 1 or 2, Dead Space, Metal Gear Solid 4

Platform - Little Big Planet, Ratchet & Clank

Get some second hand games off ebay, new off Amazon or Play, avoid Game and Gamestation as they mug you on the price of new or 2nd hand games.

All the games mentioned look a million dollars on my Kuro or 70" PJ, especially Call of Duty, GT5, Metal Gear and my current online mate Killzone 2.

R

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Don't know what games your into but if it's fps then you can't go wrong with Resistance 1,2 also Cod 4,5. MSG 4 and Killzone. Great games, good graphics and long shelf-life especially for online play, also some older titles like Half-life, Bioshock and Fallout 3 , Oblivon, GTA All these titles are now heavily reduced and well worth searching for. Try searching Hotdeals.uk which is a forum site dedicated to finding bargains you should have plenty of choices. If you like driving games Pure pretty good and Motorstorm 1,2. Generally all the Ps3 games offer good graphics it really down to what you like playing Try the above titles im sure you will enjoy these.

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
Bioshock- the best game I have played in a very long time! I have played it from start to finish several times :) ''Jesus loves me yes I know...for the bible tells me so''- you will hear that alot from the Thuggers!!

A

Anonymous

gbhsi1:Bioshock- the best game I have played in a very long time! I have played it from start to finish several times :) ''Jesus loves me yes I know...for the bible tells me so''- you will hear that alot from the Thuggers!!

Oh yeah forgot Bioshock, completed on the 360 and it was great, the ending was surprisingly easy though. Fallout 3 is a good RPG, and The Orange Box is fantastic value.

R

A

Anonymous

just get CALL OF DUTY 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Fallout 3

GTA 4

Race Driver Grid

PES 2009

Tiger Woods 2009

Grand Tourismo

Oblivion 4 Elder Scrolls

That lot should keep you going a while

A

Anonymous

Thanks to everyone for all of your advice, I think you's have covered pretty much every angle there - Great Stuff, I really appreciate it.

Best get my little plastic friend out now and do some serious internet shopping! ;-)

I had already heard Call of Duty 4 was pretty awesome so I bought it from ebay, it only arrived this morining though so still havent had chance to have a go; ill be in on it as soon as I get in from work though.

Thanks again

Andy

A

Anonymous

Personally I would be saying why did you buy a PS3?? Xbox 360 all the way with Gears of War 2!! - Graphics, sound and online playing = amazing!! I used to be a Sony boy but have been well and truly converted!!
emotion-4.gif

On a different note how are you finding the Onkyo and Q Acoustics? Just ordered them but with the 1030i floorstanders and cant wait to get them set up and running!!
emotion-2.gif

Messiah

Wildeman:

Personally I would be saying why did you buy a PS3?? Xbox 360 all the way with Gears of War 2!! - Graphics, sound and online playing = amazing!! I used to be a Sony boy but have been well and truly converted!!
emotion-4.gif

I thought the only sound on an Xbox was that of the Fan!
emotion-4.gif

As well as those mentioned I would also recommend Street Fighter 4 - brilliant game.

A

Anonymous

Haha, dont be saying that, I havent wasted my money have I? I thought they'd both be pretty similar, both HD and both play the same games etc; although I thought with a PS3 being more expensive then it would probably be better??

Yes, the Q Acoustics are spot on, i'm well happy with mine, they sound absolutely superb! Sometime in the future I will upgrade to floorstanders and run a 7.1 system .... got no money left now though!
emotion-9.gif

A

Anonymous

Back on the Game Front Fight Night Round 3 is superb fantastic graphics and deep
Bit download Fight Night Round 4 demo just out this week. My God graphics are 1080p and my god they are amazing, the lighting is cool and the detail in the boxers and the ring is cool and its very playable

Try it

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
No you haven't wasted your money as the PS3 is more than just a games console, but as an owner of both i only ever use my PS3 for watching blu-rays.Don't worry you can play online for free with PS3, the main reason's i use my xbox is a vast amount of decent online games most games in 1080p, much better controller, easy to develop games for, better to interact with friends, cheaper games and all my mates have one. Anyway you can always get a secondhand xbox off ebay cheap if you fancy having another games console.

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
No you have not wasted your money the PS3 is a great BR player and media player (oh yeh and games console
emotion-4.gif
) You can stream your music and videos to it from your PC
emotion-2.gif
. Oh yeah and you can hear your games above the sounds of then fan!!!! and you dont get the red rings of death. So no money not wasted.

Titles to look out for:-

Red Faction Guerilla (just released)

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
emotion-2.gif
(out about xmas time)

A

Anonymous

I would strongly recommend Dead Space, which passed under the radars of many gamers. It looks stunning and has audio design to match. Think Alien meets Event Horizon - a lot of fun and could teach the big boys like Resident Evil a few things about scares.

A

Anonymous

All of the above titles are good but are more expensive newer releases, if you want to save some pennies.. Some older titles well worth the £6.00 (SIX QUID!!) on playtrade (play.com second hand) are :

Motorstorm
The Darkness

And around the £8.00 mark is :

Uncharted : Drake's Fortune

All well worth the price of a couple of beers!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
lobby:the main reason's i use my xbox is a vast amount of decent online games most games in 1080p, much better controller, easy to develop games for, better to interact with friends, cheaper games and all my mates have one. Anyway you can always get a secondhand xbox off ebay cheap if you fancy having another games console.

I think the Xbox is still waiting for its first true 1080p game (other than the little ones they have on Xbox Live). Most are in 720p at most and are upscaled to 1080p (though they don't actually tell you that on the box which I think is a bit of a con). Agree on the controller, though I've found these attachments have helped with the PS3 controller loads - make the shoulder buttons much easier to use.

But the main choice is generally which format my friends have bought it on - we decide whether we're going PS3 or Xbox and then all get it on the same format.

A

Anonymous

Hello I have had my ps3 for sometime now and I must say it's great. Before I say which games please remember that it does more than just play games. I use it for watching lots of films (downloaded from net) plus blu ray films.

I found to save money on games and films (both blu ray & DVD) I joined ilovefilms and I pay around £14.50 a month. This allows me to have two films/games at once in my home. With films I have been able to watch series 1, 2, 3, 4 of The Wire which makes buying them silly. As well as you can book new films and get them very soon sometimes before that are out in the shops as ilovefilms is part of Amazon.

With games costing around £40 each I find it a great way to save money. And over the past 3 weeks I have had 3 very new up to date games. I sent back the first 2 (Damnation/The chronicles of Riddick: assault on dark Athena) as the graphics felt and looked old and not the graphics I have come to expect on my ps3. The 3rd game which I find great with graphics and game play is Red Faction: Guerrilla.

Calls of Duty 4/ World at War, Dark Space are both my games to show off the graphics and sound at its best on the ps3.

A

Anonymous

Thanks again to everyone, some great advice and suggestions. Cheers.

I'm loving the PS3 so far, ive got COD 4 and 1 or 2 other games that have been keeping me entertained for now; im gonna go on play.com and ebay and see if I can get some of the games that have been suggested 2nd hand to save money and keep me going.

As for the future, I like the idea of maybe adding an XBox 360 to my setup aswell! After all, ive still got 3 spare hdmi inputs on my Onkyo!
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

Andy,

I'd recommend Far Cry 2 for the PS3 and also if you like any rock music, Guitar Hero (either Legends of rock, or world tour or maybe even the newer Metallica one). They'll certainly sound great from your AV setup

You can play online on both of them, download free songs for Guitar Hero and also play songs against others! Great!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts