• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Sony NW-A55L

Navanski

Sep 7, 2020
It would be nice if you completed the review with how easy/intuitive it is to copy songs and art work to the player.
The N45 was a nightmare with album art and whilst this might not be the most important feature you would not expect issues.

paverity

Sep 7, 2020
"Sony improves last year’s Award-winning budget Walkman"???
Today's article seems identical to last year's and describes no specific improvements ; lacking clarity, to say the least!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Navanski

Navanski

Sep 7, 2020
"Sony improves last year’s Award-winning budget Walkman"???
Today's article seems identical to last year's and describes no specific improvements ; messy to say the least!!
Sony has further improved last year’s Award-winning budget Walkman, so could it be in line for another prize?

Sony NW-A55L : Read more
I'm not sure who reviewed this item, if it was reviewed, but to put
AGAINST
  • MicroSD card required
worries me. I'm trying to think of any DAPs that don't require an microSD card. Disconcerting to say the least.

MrWalkman

Sep 7, 2020
It would be nice if you completed the review with how easy/intuitive it is to copy songs and art work to the player.
The N45 was a nightmare with album art and whilst this might not be the most important feature you would not expect issues.
By the way, there is a firmware mod available for A45, and it now supports all types of JPEG and PNG images, so no more headache.

It also brings the Bluetooth receiver function, and an improved sound signature, the mod being based on the ZX300 firmware.

It's available on the Head-Fi forum, and the album cover fix will also be done for the A55 firmware.

Mooey

Sep 8, 2020
It's still a nightmare. I've lived with the player for a few months. The sound is fantastic but the Sony software is terrible. An the player would constantly stop recognising the 500gb memory card when transferring music. Took me forever to upload 300gb to the player. The ui is far too basic.

Reactions: Navanski

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts