Sony KDL46703 discontinued !!!!! Help needed.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I ordered the above tv from a local supplier who have about 6 shops in our region about 10 days ago today the salesperson rang me and has been told that this model is dicontinued they cannot get any .I cannot understand this as the model is fairly new. The salesperson said he could not understand this and is still trying for me. I bought this when the sony discounts were on which I will loose out now I paid in full at the time of ordering.

Can anyone help please.

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Hi, i think the new Sony's are limited stock at the moment, and to me your local shop may have problems getting them so he or she is hoping you choose something else. A quick look on Google suggests this and many online stores won't do delivery on this item. Perhaps they don't want to honour that price, it's happened to me many times from a well know entertainment shop online.I suppose this chain has tried all it's other shops, in which case you either try and hang on, choose something else or get a refund, either way it's frustrating and MathewPiano or another Sony rep might be able to help.

http://www.soundandvision.co.uk/tv/lcd/sony-kdl-46hx703-kdl46hx703u-46in-freeview-hd-lcd-tv-review-low-price

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Have you paid for this TV?

The fact that they have accepted your order means they are in breach of contract. The contract was they offered to supply, you accepted, and they have not delivered.

Hit them with that, and you may get a newer model at the same price. Good luck!
emotion-1.gif

matthewpiano

I no longer work for the Sony Centre (new job a month or so ago) but I MIGHT be able to shed some light on this. If it is the HX703 (rather than the EX703) you are trying to get hold of, IIRC this model is subject to selective distribution criteria and only selected retailers, who can demonstrate the product in bricks and mortar premises are allowed to sell it (either online or in person).

As previously suggested this may also be down to supply difficulties which isn't uncommon on Sony products.

A

Anonymous

Dave,

I bought mine 2 weeks to the date and it was delivered last saturday by Curry's as they did not have one in stock, but they can get one for you - go to them and ask them to price match a local Sony store as I said they were selling for £850, as sony were doing a double trade in for £300. As I went in the evening they were not able to get hold of sony to check as they only work office hours and their website was still showing the old offer of £150 trade-in (sony's price was £850 but with a compulsory extra £50 for delivery and set-up or just £899 with their 5 year guarantee), so they took my word on the sony offer but to get it at the lower price I had to take out their 'whatever happens policy' to get it this low (£9.99 for the first month was included in the price), but then you can cancel the policy without paying anymore within the next 14 days. They also gave me 10% of the difference which is their policy on price matching and I got my TV for £819.00 incl free delivery - and they didn't even take in the old TV ! I saved over £300 on the normal price, but only got 12 months guarantee as they could not match sony's 5 year guarantee - but hey I'm not complaining!

A

Anonymous

I think we are talking about the wrong tv the 46hx703 is at least £1300 if you got one for £850 its incredible.

A

Anonymous

Can you shed any more light on this new HX713 mate, is it CCFL or LED? 3D Ready? Prices?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts