Sony KDL37EX723BU help please

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

Not sure if this is a home cinema system question - but here goes.

I've had a Sony Bravia KDL37EX723BU for a few months and love it.

I've just tried to connect it to a standard amplifier to play sound through proper speakers but I can't get it to work.

I'm doing this by plugging two high quality cables (a left and a right) into the red and white sockets in the back of the TV.

This is what I did with an old Sony Bravia and it worked fine.

This time there's just no sound at all when I switch to 'audio system' as opposed to 'TV speakers' in the TV settings.

I've plugged the cables into a CD player and they work no problem, so the problem is definitely the TV, or a setting on the TV.

Does anyone know what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks

Budokan

D3CYPH3R

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't think that TV has audio out via phono, i think thats an input on the back (previous models had phono out on the back).

There might be an uption in the setting to change this to an output rather than an input, otherwise you would eithe have to use optical out or the 3.5mm output and set if to autio out rather than headphones.

Alternativly if you not using the scart socket you could always put a scart to phono adapter in there and set that as an output.

hope that helps.

A

Anonymous

Absolute genius - you're quite right - I never would've figured that out.

I would have thought that kind of thing was standard, especially as my old Bravia had it.

Is it something that's just gone out of date? What's the standard way to link your TV to an amplifier now?

What's the best thing to do in this case? My amp only has the two pin phono inputs.

Thanks again, you've saved me endless confusion.

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Your choices are 3

1, Use the optical out from the TV and feed it into a DAC (digital to ananlogue converter) and then connect that with a pair of phono cables to the phono input on the amp.

2. Obtain a scart to phono plug and connect the audio cables to the amp.

3. Obtain a mini jack to phono lead and plug it into the headphone socket on the TV after altering the settiings to fixed.

In terms of sound quality the best shouild be option 1, followed by option 2.

Good luck

A

Anonymous

That's very clear, thanks.

Do all new amplifiers come with optical input sockets? I'm surprised that my amp can't handle it.

Delighted that I can get such high quality advice on this forum - thank you again for your time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts