Sony KDL32EX403

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Evening all,I've recently purchased the 403 for my bedroom.I want to take advantage of the internet capability without buying the Sony dongle.Would the OpenMedia WIFI bridge do the same job as this is merely using the LAN port rather than a 47,000 mile ethernet cable.The cost difference is considerable and I can't see why this would not work.All answers gratefully received.

Best wishes,Craig,Nottingham.

A

Anonymous

no it wont work you have to buy the Sony dongle which is a rip off cheapest i saw it was for 65 pounds

so i got the sony kdl32ex401 which is the same TV more or less but without the internet feature and freeview HD

and got the sony bdp s370 blu ray which has access to the internet but again you need the dongle from sony but i will keep looking out for it when it gets cheaper as is silly of sony not to make it compatable with any dongle

Binman

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
I don't have either product, but as long as your TV as an ethernet port, and you have a wireless router somewhere in the house, then I don't see why it wouldn't work. It would be the same as running a long ethernet cable from your router to the TV.

Oh, and I guess the bridge will need to be powered somehow - I assume this is a portable device and will use USB for power?

I have a Squeezebox which can also act as a wireless bridge, which is very near my Humax HDR Freesat box. I have an ethernet cable running from that to my Humax HDR so that I can use Iplayer on the Humax HDR. Much easier than running a long ethernet cable from where the router is in my house to the Freesat box.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Martin,

your reply has confirmed my own belief that there was no reason this method would not work.My WIFI bridge has been despatched and I'm looking forward to installing it.Freeview aerial being set up tomorrow so all systems go! It also shows there is an alternative to the Sony dongle at a third of the cost so we should shout it from the rooftops for anyone considering shelling out £65 for the dongle.

Toodle pip,

Craig,Nottingham.

John Duncan

Yep, should work fine. My NX is plugged directly into the router, but your TV should see no difference between that and an extender. Worth it as well, just trying out Qriocity Music...
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts