Sony KDL-40W4000

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Does anyone know what settings were used when this tv was tested because my picture is poor, or does any one have recommended settings.

Help would be realy appreciated

THANKS

A

Anonymous

I found the review on ** to be the best for settings as each setting is listed and an explanation of how this affects the picture is stated.

My setting are different depending on the source so any settings that I have may not work for you as they are source and room lighting dependant.

hope this helps.

nws56

Oct 4, 2008
Visit site
Cinema mode ;

Backlight - minimum

Contrast - 79

Bright. - 50

Colour - 53

Warm 2

Colour space - standard

Power saving - standard

Sharpness - minimum

These were the settings arrived at in a test by someone for some other site . They are consistent with other testers findings too - at least those brave enough to state them . On my set they are pretty close to what you get via THX or DVE set up discs . I have opted to use Wide colour space and Neutral instead of Warm 2 .

All noise reduction systems , contrast enhancers , live colour are turned off.

The Cinema preset is noticeably better than the others ,even if all the settings are identical !

Am surprised that you are having trouble , my experience of the W 4000 is that it is very simple to set up and rather un - fussy with settings .

Hope this helps .

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
johno5585:

Does anyone know what settings were used when this tv was tested because my picture is poor, or does any one have recommended settings.

Help would be realy appreciated

THANKS

Hi there, I have had the same TV for almost 2 months now and have been really happy with it. The user guide could be more informative and, er, friendly but generally helps with the set-up. However, the default settings can need some tweaking, even if they are quite sensible.

I found that a couple of searches on Google found some useful advice. Try the another site posts - there are various recommendations to try out. Since the other half is comfortably ensconced on the sofa watching Grey's Anatomy, I am not about to risk life and limb by trying to check on those I tried and kept!

One thing I would say is that you will get quite a variety of quality of picture that has become much more noticeable now you have the Sony. Programmes from the States seem particularly prone to this. I have fairly natural settings, which makes some States-side viewing slightly washed out. That said, nature programmes on HD are fantastic.

There is a chance, I suppose, that there is a problem with your TV but I doubt it. Where are you getting your signal from? Ours comes from a Virgin V+ box. Blu-ray and standard DVD are outstanding.

You may also want to check out advice on power supply and interconnects for getting the best out of your Sony (but watch out: debates get heated on those subjects - you have been warned!)

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
I have a w4500, and it's ace. You should use a THX Optimizer (on any Star Wars DVD) and then just play with it until you're happy. The "correct" setting is the one you like! For the record, turning the backlight down from 7 (which I think is default) to "Min" had the greatest effect. Did the same on my parents' telly (an older Sony LCD) and mum thought I'd actually swapped the screen over for a new one when they were out!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
johno5585:does anyone elses lean forward, i cant get mine strait

_41061128_howerd3_bodybbc.jpg

But seriously, it would suggest that whaever the TV's standing on has a slight 'down angle on the bow planes', which is throwing the weight of the screen forward and thus creating the lean.

Check the support and the base of the stand with a spirit-level, and shim appropriately. Missus.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts