Sony KDL-32D3000 picture sharpness

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi please help with a small query concerning the Sony KDL-32D3000 and Panasonic TX-32LXD700.I read the review of both these 2 TV’s in What Hi*Fi Sound and Vision and it would seem that your favourite was the Panasonic but to be honest I like the look of the Sony more. What I would like to ask you all at What Hi*Fi Sound and Vision and your readers is about the sharpness on the two TV’s pictures through their tuners. Me and the boss (the wife) found that our local John Lewis had both models on display, the Sony was playing a Star wars DVD and the picture quality was fantastic, the Panasonic was working through its Tuner. We asked the sales man to switch the Sony over to see what the picture was like through its tuner, the picture was not as sharp compared to the Panasonic’s. I would like to know if this is some thing that you noticed in your recent test involving these two Lcd TVs and can the picture on the Sony be made sharper within its menu. I appreciate any feedback regarding my query on these two Tvs Many thanks in advanceHUNTERDF2

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
In our tests, we felt the Panasonic's tuner had the edge on the Sony. But the Sony is an excellent set - feed it a good TV signal (which can't be guaranteed in most shops, which use a loop aerial), optimise the settings and you'll enjoy a superb picture.

Still think the Pana's a tad better all-round, though...

bf1

Mar 15, 2008
Visit site
Is the Panasonic worth an extra £200 over the Sony which can be bought for under £600 and the Panasonic for about £800 - £900 depending on the guarantee period?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts