Sony KDL-19L4000 LCD TV for £169.95 from Richer Sounds

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Some hot VIP deals from Richer Sounds this week, with the Sony KDL-19L4000 LCD TV available for £169.95 for VIP subscribers. Prices must rise on April 1st, so you'll have to be quick to get one.

Other VIP deals include the Samsung LE-32B450 LCD TV for £399.95, LG-37LG3000 TV for £399.95 and Pioneer PDP-LX6090 plasma TV for £2999.

You can also pick up a TEAC CRH-240 DAB mciro hi-fi system for £99.95, Sony BDP-S350 Blu-ray player for £149.95 and Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player for £179.95 (or £199.95 with multiregion DVD playback).

A

Anonymous

Hi Andy,

Received my VIP e-mail recently and spotted these bargains. My question is though, you mention the Teac DAB system, and I have been looking at the Yamaha crxm170 also on the RS website.

Do you have any thoughts on this as a kitchen unit to go with some Wharfedale Diamond 9.0's that I already own????????

Many thanks

Leahandanna

matthewpiano

mattjax05:I'm very keen to buy the Sony tv but can anyone comment on the ability of this machine?

Its the entry level TV in the range. At £169.95 its better than anything else for the price and does a decent enough job if not offering the brightness and vividness of some of Sony's more expensive models. It certainly isn't as good as the 20" B-Series or the new 22" S-Series sets, but then they would cost you considerably more cash. If you just want a little kitchen or bedroom set for occasional use, I'd say go for it.

A

Anonymous

I purchased the sony from RS last week for £180. It replaced a old Hitachi CRT 21" in the bedroom and i am well happy. The sound is not the best (no real bass) but having compared the "unbranded" stuff at simular prices i would not change my decision.

One thing i found is its viewing angle may be good on the horiziontal but vertically (i have the tv high in the room) is not good, simply tilting it has sorted it but its worth planning its position carefully.

I have hooked it up in 1080i with my old denon 1930DVD but i have not bothered watching a film on it. I tend to just watch freeview and again, i cannot fault it for what it is.

Finally i went to Comet store (on shelf at £280) to play around with the set before i just called RS!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts