Sony KD-49XH9505

oskirkland

May 15, 2020
Visit site
HBO GO is a no go if you are an Xfinity customer and subscribe to HBO. When you go through the set up process and select Xfinity as the provider, a 'your TV provider does not support HBO GO on this device' prompt appears.

manicm

So let me get this straight, you have to manually switch settings when switching between blu rays and 4K discs for the best quality? No thanks. This is just like their 4K players which won’t automatically recognize Dolby Vision discs. I’ll pass on the Sony thank you very much.

HappySounds

Feb 18, 2020
Visit site
Why no mention in what is called a review of the inadequate HDMI compatibility for this set? No HDMI 2.1 is particularly poor when the XH90 range (next model down) DOES have it. Surely your readers need the full picture on the capabilities of this set? All it gets is eARC, but no support for the other HDMI 2.1 features such as 4K120, VRR and ALLM.

Jonholmzee

Mar 27, 2020
Visit site
I must be missing something here. over £1000 for a 49" LCD TV!! You could spend half and still get a really good TV. If I was that interested in the best picture quality i would avoid LCD-LED altogether and spend slightly more on a 55" OLED even if it was last years model.

johnjay

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
What's a little telling is using the same standard preset for SDR & 4k HDR would just be one set up memorized. But just use a Cinema or Game centric calibrated input. Again one set up if happy with the procedure of tweaking.
I realise this is August now and all the hysterical

' A 49" TV that costs 1199.00!?!? No way I'm paying that' - people on a 49" size they will hold steady until at least Black Friday But £200 of £1199 (£1000) as it stands would be normal.

fully knowing even back in June after a week that price will be heavily discounted.

jozefiria

Nov 24, 2020
Visit site
Agree with HappySounds , how can you call this a review when you don't mention the HDMI 2.1 issue? Can't really trust your review therefore.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts