Sony BDP S570 - £139

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I noticed in the latest issue (Feb) that on page 110 Hi-Spek were advertising the Sony BDP S570 for £139, which seems an excellent price. However, upon visiting the store they said the price was £159. The said it was a misprint by What Hi-fI and nothing to do with them. I went away kinda thinking that they should have honoured what is a 4 day old advert (especially as there is no disclaimer I can see on the page). Do others agree? Just curious if I'm taking a harsh view?

As far as I'm aware, a shop can advertise a product on the shelf, but are under no obligation to sell it to you. This is an "invitation to treat" so no contract applies until they agree to sell it to you. So they're not obliged to honour the price. Some have honoured these misprints; Argos messed up with a TV and did sell it at the lower (mistake) price to many people as a gesture of goodwill.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, yeah thought that might be the case and didn't push to hard. that said, i'm sure they do their own pricing and send the advert over in their own style, so the mistake is theirs. Also said they hand BDP S770's in stock in the ad, which they didn't when i asked, would have paid extra for that!

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
jimvicks:Thanks, yeah thought that might be the case and didn't push to hard. that said, i'm sure they do their own pricing and send the advert over in their own style, so the mistake is theirs. Also said they hand BDP S770's in stock in the ad, which they didn't when i asked, would have paid extra for that! Well at least the thousands of people who read this site will know not to buy from Hi Spek.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Worth pointing out that the current, February issue - on sale January 10th - actually went to press (adverts included) before Christmas - therefore pricing/stock levels are likely to vary between then and now, especially when it comes to Sony products - after all, pre-Christmas we were still being told there'd be new stocks of products ('770 included) that the company has since admitted are discontinued.

A

Anonymous

Hi Oldboy,

Yes, its gone. i think the UK only got pictures of one, or at least it seems like that. I have hunted for one and no one ever seems to have had one, let alone have one in stock now.

I hate the styling of the 370 & 570, but have no choice :(

jimvicks:

I hate the styling of the 370 & 570, but have no choice :(

Actually, you have a choice. Just wait a couple of months for the new 2011 players to start arriving.

Details here.

Sony S780

Sony-BDP-S780-450x337.jpg

Sony S580

119043.jpeg

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Big Boss,

Thanks for the heads up! It's still odd that Sony are still listing the '770 on their site and doesn't explain the complete lack of any stock for the '770. Oh and that link shows the '770 as the current player in the line up and doesn't list a '780 atall so any idea of spec? Many thanks.

The S780 will have 2D-to-3D upconversion processing, Skype video conferencing with separate USB TV camera (sold separately) and Homeshare wi-fi network capability, apart from the S580 features.

It's arriving in the US in April 2011 for $250. They haven't announced the UK availability yet......going by previous 2 years.....maybe September.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
bigboss:
The S780 will have 2D-to-3D upconversion processing, Skype video conferencing with separate USB TV camera (sold separately) and Homeshare wi-fi network capability, apart from the S580 features.

It's arriving in the US in April 2011 for $250. They haven't announced the UK availability yet......going by previous 2 years.....maybe September.

Thank you Big Boss for the specs much appreciated
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS