Sony BDP-S550 wireless connection - help/advice requested

Skiman

Nov 1, 2008
Visit site
Hi all, I've just bought an S550 and want to connect it wirelessly to my BT homehub. Reading the manual suggests I require an " Ethernet/wireless LAN media converter" to be connected via a network cable to the LAN (100) port on the rear of the player [ a wired connection is not a possibility for me]. My queries are, what the devil is this media converter, how much do they cost and where can I get one from? I've tried searching the internet which has left me more confused/frustrated than ever.

Can anyone out there help/advise me as I would like to hook this up tomorrow?

Why could'nt this be as simple as setting up my PS3 to the internet?

Looking forward to your thoughts/advice.

A

Anonymous

All you need is a wireless ethernet adaptor for your router. Loads of them on the market.

A

Anonymous

Hi Skiman I have a Sony bdps350 blu-ray and have the same problem with wired connection, let me know if you find a solution please.

A

Anonymous

The devices needed for wireless connection of Blu-ray players are called by many names including wireless bridge, wireless game controller, wireless access point, and AP client. Even their prices vary all over since it is hard to compare them.

I ended up creating a page at http://www.rayinblu.com/blu-ray-wireless that lists all the Blu-ray wireless connection options available and their pricing. Hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

Gatwick Flyer:All you need is a wireless ethernet adaptor for your router. Loads of them on the market.

No, he needs a wireless bridge (or equivalent) for the player. The Home Hub is already wireless enabled. I use a Belkin bridge for streaming stuff to my modded Xbox and for occasionally going online to look for firmware updates for the BD/HD DVD players.

TRENDING THREADS