Sony BDP 370 Blu ray player - Annoying problem

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just purchased this player and aside from a few issues with occasional juddery motion handling on horizontal camera panning shots with blu ray ( not present with dvd) I am v pleased with the picture.

One thing is v annoying though. If you press stop when watching a blu ray and then press play again to resume watching, the machine does not remember where you stopped the blu ray disc at. It does remember when watching a dvd so this issue is only with blu ray discs. Not only that but it goes through the motions as if you have just loaded a disc for the first time and takes ages before it takes you to the main menu which is a pain in the neck.

Anyone else experiencing this and is there a firm ware update to fix it? Anyone know if the 470 has the same problem? I might take mine back to Richers and change it if the 470 does not do the same thing

A

Anonymous

No problems with mine on the first issue, what HDMI lead and TV do you have? Is it 24fps compatible?

On the second, it depends on each blu ray, some support resume play others don't, I think it's likely the 470 will have the same issue.

A

Anonymous

I've just bought one, too. It's really noisy when playing a Blu ray disc - is this a known problem? I'm tempted to return it and exchange it for something else if it is.

A

Anonymous

Some have been prone to having a noisy fan, others may advise otherwise, but I think most people with this issue have taken them back.

D3CYPH3R

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I get this problem on my s570 with blu-ray discs and it is very annoying! I've looked in the settings but can't see anything to change to stop this.

A

Anonymous

markjaspi:No problems with mine on the first issue, what HDMI lead and TV do you have? Is it 24fps compatible? On the second, it depends on each blu ray, some support resume play others don't, I think it's likely the 470 will have the same issue.

I am using a panny plasma that supports 24fps and a QED hdmi cable, a good one so i doubt it is that.

A

Anonymous

markjaspi:Some have been prone to having a noisy fan, others may advise otherwise, but I think most people with this issue have taken them back.Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll be boxing it up, then.

A

Anonymous

markjaspi:Some have been prone to having a noisy fan, others may advise otherwise, but I think most people with this issue have taken them back.Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll be boxing it up, then.

A

Anonymous

Which panny is it, my fairly low spec S20B supports it, but some older models don't, does this happen on all blu rays or just one in particular or one scene in particular?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
D3CYPH3R:I get this problem on my s570 with blu-ray discs and it is very annoying! I've looked in the settings but can't see anything to change to stop this.

It's not an issue with the player (assuming you're talking about the resuming play problem), it's an issue with the disc authoring, there aren't any setting you can change to fix it.

My 760 does it, so now I just press pause and flick the TV onto a different input, then flick back when I'm ready to go and press play, rather than pressing stop.

Of course that doesn't work if you then switch the BDP off and go do something else...

A

Anonymous

markjaspi:Which panny is it, my fairly low spec S20B supports it, but some older models don't, does this happen on all blu rays or just one in particular or one scene in particular?

I cant remember the model no but its only 2 years old and was a what hi fi 5 star rated performer so i dont think its the tv. I am playing "the pacific" on blu ray and its the only blu ray i have so far as just bought the player recently, so nothing to compare it to. It hadn't crossed my mind that it might be the discs themselves. It happens on all the discs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts