Sony BDP-360 B/R player feed to Marantz PM6003 stereo amp

goalhanger

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if anyone can tell me could I get a feed from the Sony BDP-360 bluray into a Marantz PM6003 .stereo amp ? My CD player is getting old and I thought I may aswell just play the CDs on the bluray player.

Thanks

goalhanger

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I also presume I could watch music DVDs and listen to the sound through the Marantz/speakers . Would my Yamaha V667 still try to output the sound through my B/Accoustics - how would I feed the picture through to the TV without the sound working unless I just turned it down :doh:

goalhanger

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes that sounds Ok. I need the AV amp on to feed the picture through to the TV so I'll just need to turn it down so I dont get both sets of speakers blaring at me :roll:

Cheers, I'm looking forward to setting it up now.

goalhanger

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Right, I've been looking online at the manual for the b/ray and it seems that I will need to re-set the output signal each time I use either the stereo amp ( for CDs or music DVDs ) or the AV amp ( TV or films ) .

Also not sure that a Bluray DVD will switch its sound output to the line out instead of the HDMI . I will see....

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
goalhanger said:
Right, I've been looking online at the manual for the b/ray and it seems that I will need to re-set the output signal each time I use either the stereo amp ( for CDs or music DVDs ) or the AV amp ( TV or films ) .

Also not sure that a Bluray DVD will switch its sound output to the line out instead of the HDMI . I will see....

No, the stereo left/right outputs should get either stereo (when a stereo source is played) or a downmix to stereo (when a surround source is played) regardless of the settings made for the HDMI or optical digital output. That should be part of the compatiblity spec for Blu-ray players, to ensure users with nothing more than a stereo amp can still use them.

So you can leave your settings for the output to the AV amp as they are, and you should get stereo out from the line-outs whatever the source.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts