Sony 46HX903 Or Samsung UE46C8000

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Having been waiting over 8 weeks for my hx903 i am seriously debating getting the Samsung, i really want the Sony as i know its one of the best tvs out there but theres only so much waiting a man can do, i want peoples opinion on this, should i bear it out even longer for the Sony or say enough is enough and opt for the Samsung?

opinions please.

Regards Justin.

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
They're both featured in the frankly massive 3D TV Supertest in the December issue (on sale Nov 11th, if I recall correctly, and with subscribers even sooner).

jcshutts

Mar 22, 2008
Visit site
your predicament is so familiar to me, believe me!

I placed an order for the 46 hx903. I waited and waited, got fed up, bought the Philips 46 PFL9705, sent it back because the 3d imagery had issues, contacted my local Sony and they happened to have a cancelled order on a 52 hx903 in stock. I asked them to wait for the WHF review to come out - they laughed at me - so I gave in under the strain and bought the 52. - it arrives tomorrow, just a few days ahead of the WHF review, which will probably advise there is now better on the market!

Seriously, go back to Sony, make sure you have the best current deal. You can get your VAT back on new orders now. You should also be able to negotiate a 3D package like the Panasonic - free glasses, receiver and Blu-ray.

If they say you can't have the latest best deal then go to someone else, is my advice. Also try ringing around as there 'appears' to be some stores with stock available for dispatch but you will lose your local customer service though.

Not easy. Wait until the WHF review comes out at the end of this week/next week and it will probably advise you to go for something completely different. Go for the one that you want though. compromise comes as a cost - trust me, I know!!! good luck.

A

Anonymous

Thank you for your advice, having looked into the Samsung i think it looks stunning as is always the case with Samsung, but i find the lack of full array LED a bit of an issue, im going to try phoning Sony again and try to find out what the big wait is all about, last time they told me that because its such a high demand tv they cant keep up with the orders, which i find hard to belive, not everyone can afford a £2500 tv with 2 months till xmas.

A

Anonymous

jst23:
im going to try phoning Sony again and try to find out what the big wait is all about

Hi jst23 have you managed to find out where all the 903's are hiding, im waiting too!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
jst23:having looked into the Samsung i think it looks stunning as is always the case with Samsung, but i find the lack of full array LED a bit of an issue

If you've seen the Samsung and thought it looked stunning, why would the lack of full LED be an issue?

jcshutts

Mar 22, 2008
Visit site
Justin, I have made an enquiry with my Sony Centre that have supplied the 52 903 to me and he says the following:

Just spoken to my Rep and Sony have some 46HX9's coming in earlynext week. He will know then how many he has to allocate to his stores. Butagain the same as it was when you ordered, deposits secure it. Hopefully I willhave some clear dates by mid next week as to how many we are getting.

This could be good news. I will keep you posted on availability in my area.

Regards

A

Anonymous

Thank you everyone, the lack of full led backlighting is an issue to me as im more towards function over form, im just sooo sick of waiting, having just read the awards issue it still leaves a lot of doubt and confusion with me, the hx903 got best 46" TV and the Samsung got best 3D TV.

A

Anonymous

What makes you think full LED backlighting is superior to edge lit LED?

Samsung for example think that full array backlighting brings its own problems such as 'haloing' ; something edge lit does not suffer from.

I think it will depend on how it is implemented but a full array LG infinia set and a Samsung edge lit LED were compared in a US review I read and each had their faults and weaknesses.

A

Anonymous

Thank you for your reply, i have started a new topic now where i have widened the options for me, please read and reply in that topic, its titled;

Sony hx903 or Samsung ue46c9000. or new tv for £3500.

regards Justin.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts