Sony 350 Blu-Ray...networking

planetgaffnet

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
I'm sure this has been covered somewhere, but I can't find a solution.

Very briefly, Sony BDP350 sits in the lounge, no wireless connectivity and want to take up BD Live options on a few BDs. Broadband is in box room upstairs. BT Hub. Have unplugged hub a couple of times and reconnected near the player to update firmware.

Simply need to know what to buy to connect the player to the hub via a wireless connection...something with a proven track record...just don't have the inclination of experiencing the disappointment and frustration of stuff not working, returning and retrying. Product manufacturer and model number only! I'll do the rest.

Sweet. Thanks for reading.

P

A

Anonymous

My suggestion would be wireless network bridge like the Belkin 802.11g Wireless G Gaming Adaptor, Amazon have it here for less than £15

(http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-802-11g-Wireless-Gaming-Adapter/dp/B0002AGJOE/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top)

Never used it myself but if you look at the customer reviews you will find a guy using it to hook up a Sony Blue Ray.

Essentially you hook the player up to the bridge using a network cable, the box then wirelessly links you to your WiFi network.

An alternative is to maybe look at some of the powerline network adaptors. You plug one into the mains near your router/modem and connect it to your network (via network cable), the second you plug into the wall somewhere near you player and again hook up to the player using a network cable. First option is probably the simplest and cheapest though.

Cheers, Dave

I had ordered this Belkin wireless gaming adapter from Xsonly on Amazon, but they sent the wrong adapter (there's another Belkin gaming adapter which has only 1 antenna, & that's not compatible with Windows Vista). Xsonly does not have this adapter in stock.

Homeplug is a simple option not requiring any computer skills.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Some of those powerline adaptor thingies.

I got them with my BT Vision box. One of the adaptors is plugged into the mains next to my hub in the upstairs bedroom, and connected to the hub via ethernet. Another adaptor is plugged into the mains next to my TV inn the lounge and connects to the BT Vision box via ethernet.

I've unplugged the ethernet cable from the Vision box and plugged it into my 350 for firmware updates and it works perfectly.

Not sure exactly where you could pick them up from though.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I've got the Comtrend ones.

One word of warning. They're fat. If you plug one into a double socket, you can't plug anything into the socket next to it!
emotion-12.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts