• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Sonos Roam

dnburgess

Apr 7, 2021
There was no comment on the review of the striking similarity in form factor with the KEF Muo, released in 2016.

cobraBLACK

Apr 8, 2021
Apart from acting as an additional speaker at home what does this actually give you beyond what a regular Bluetooth speaker can?

Reactions: rahal

lovlid

May 24, 2009
Apart from acting as an additional speaker at home what does this actually give you beyond what a regular Bluetooth speaker can?
Not much really. What with it being a regular Bluetooth speaker. You can take it on a picnic though.

rahal

Apr 9, 2021
I guess you could count google assistant and amazon Alexa (but not the only speaker that can do this. ). It has the same quad-core 1.4Ghz CPU as the Sonos Arc. So some feature updates could be expected to use this.

cobraBLACK

Apr 8, 2021
I decided I don't really need a portable speaker to be part of my Sonos system and so went for the Charge 5 since it has double the battery life, faster charge and has the power bank feature. It sounds good with some EQ adjustment too.

Reactions: rahal

sroberts

Apr 24, 2021
Not much really. What with it being a regular Bluetooth speaker. You can take it on a picnic though.
I could be mistaken as I'm evaluating these but do not own them, so please confirm or deny - I think there are a couple advantages over standard BT portable speakers such as the JBL:

1. The roam can connect via wifi to a Sonos system, allowing them to play in sync with other speakers, given one owns supporting Sonos equipment. So it should be possible to have a subwoofer fill in the low range that these speakers are missing, greatly improving their presence, especially at low volumes.

2. In theory these speakers should work with video with minimal lip sync issues when used over wifi with a Sonos system. I say in theory because there are often reported issues with Sonos wireless latency.

To me it is a severe drawback that 2 Sonos roams cannot pair in stereo when used with Bluetooth. So you can't really port them outside the house unless you're okay with mono.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS