Sonos Question

roym90

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

I've just been looking at Sonos as an alternative to something like a B&W Zeppelin mini, as I don't think the mini has Airplay?

To use a Sonos with my Itunes library, would the simplest way to connect it be by sharing my itunes library on the network? Or is the Sonos Bridge needed too?

Thanks for your help

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
roym90 said:
To use a Sonos with my Itunes library, would the simplest way to connect it be by sharing my itunes library on the network? Or is the Sonos Bridge needed too?
Those are two completely separate questions, yes sharing your library is what you need to do. You'll only need a bridge if you can't wire one Sonos unit to your router, but you're only looking a 39 quid if you do need one.

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
One Sonos component (whether that be a brigge or one of the actual units) needs to have a wired connection to where the music is stored. It can be via the router, an ethernet switch, or you can use homeplugs or similar if they are in different rooms.

You then simply install the Sonos application on one of your control points (mac, pc, phone etc) and tell it where the music is stored. It will do the rest for you, and is about as foolproof once set up as you can ask for.

If you store your music on your mac/pc, then this has to be on all the time. I backup my main mac based music library to a NAS which is then used as the access point for Sonos, so acts as backup and its always on, and my mac can be tuned off.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts