Sonos officially reveals its new accessibly priced Sub-Mini, and it’s disappointingly expensive

Stanny1

Mar 26, 2021
Visit site
Sonos is only "Mid-Fi" It is the new Bose - a "lifestyle" consumer product. For that kind of money for this sub, you could buy a real sub from SVS.

Eric T Cat

Sep 13, 2022
Visit site
How on Earth does £429 equal $429? At today's rates it should be £374, that's a BIG difference! Shipping in containers from China is broadly the same, the road network less distance to travel. There's no way to justify this disparity in price, none whatsoever. Import duties to the UK/US look to be broadly equivalent. That's a hefty hit on UK customers that needs explanation. Under £400 it's an option. At £429 knowing it could be a lot less it's not, not is it ever likely to be.

timoth

Sep 26, 2022
Visit site
How on Earth does £429 equal $429? At today's rates it should be £374, that's a BIG difference! Shipping in containers from China is broadly the same, the road network less distance to travel. There's no way to justify this disparity in price, none whatsoever. Import duties to the UK/US look to be broadly equivalent. That's a hefty hit on UK customers that needs explanation. Under £400 it's an option. At £429 knowing it could be a lot less it's not, not is it ever likely to be.

This aged well.... 13 days later

Eric T Cat

Sep 13, 2022
Visit site
This aged well.... 13 days later
Well, in my defence, I didn’t know the government would mess up royally and destroy the currency, it’s almost a price match now, I expect a giant price hike any day soon. Put it up to £529 to keep profit margins going. Is it a better deal now or a worse one? It’s still expensive.

Reactions: WayneKerr

timoth

Sep 26, 2022
Visit site
Well, in my defence, I didn’t know the government would mess up royally and destroy the currency, it’s almost a price match now, I expect a giant price hike any day soon. Put it up to £529 to keep profit margins going. Is it a better deal now or a worse one? It’s still expensive.
Well I completely agree. Government seemingly have no clue how to run the economy anymore.
And I also expect price hikes so am considering buying soon.

Reactions: WayneKerr

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts