Sonos connect AMP?

EMPIRIX

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
What do you guys think of the connect:amp?

I was contemplating buying seperates but i do want wifi streaming and well the price rises sharply adding on a wifi module.

I was contemplating the connect:amp with some monitor audio bx2s.

Also, is it necessary to have an airport express for airplay - i heard rumblings of an update that bypasses this need?

Finally, anybody recommend a turntable to use with the connect, preferably with mp3 converter?

Many thanks

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
You don't need AirPort Express for AirPlay. After a recent Sonos update, you can play songs from your iDevice directly via Sonos, just like AirPlay.

*Almost* like Airplay, you can only play songs stored on the iDevice, you can't redirect Spotify audio or any other streaming audio to Sonos without using an Airport Express.

Frazer1979

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I think it might be worth pointing out that not all i devices will stream to Sonos. It would be worth checking out the devices that will give you the option of "this iphone/ipad/ipod" before jumping on it if it is an essential requirement. The device will have to have the latest ios and be one of the later generation of i device for it to work but when it does it works very well.

I really hope this helps
smile.png

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts