Hi

just after some advice really

got the opportunity to buy a 3 year old connect amp and new bridge for £300

does this sound a good deal? I already have some q acoustics 2020i to use

the amp I'm told is in very good condition

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
I guess the usual caveats apply the same as purchasing any second-hand electronic equipment. That said there's very few reports of issues with the Connect:Amp, I can't think of anything being reported on the Sonos forum.

On the other hand, I don't know what second-hand values are like for the Connect:Amp but the seller probably got the Bridge for free, and for another £100 you could get a brand new Connect:Amp and could probably find a retailer willing to chuck in a Bridge for nothing, even though that promotion finished at the end of last year.

danbeatles78

May 8, 2011
Visit site
[UNPUBLISHED DUPLICATE]

Thanks for the reply mate

think I'll opt for a new amp as at least then I have a warranty...worth it for peace of mind

used amps on eBay tend to go for around £330 mark

danbeatles78

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply mate

think I'll opt for a new amp as at least then I have a warranty...worth it for peace of mind

used amps on eBay tend to go for around £330 mark

Amadeus1756

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I've been told that resellers are told to throw in a bridge for free if it's the difference between making a sale or not. Not sure who funds that but I'd not be surprised if it was Sonos.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Amadeus1756 said:
I've been told that resellers are told to throw in a bridge for free if it's the difference between making a sale or not. Not sure who funds that but I'd not be surprised if it was Sonos.

I don't know what the margin in on Sonos products but the Bridge is £39 so can't be costing them more than £30, you'd hope on a £400 product they'd be willing to move that much really.

danbeatles78

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok I bought the Connect amp and it sounds 'ok' in my opinion

i'm now thinking perhaps going for an amp & connect instead

speakers I'm running are dali zensor 3's

what do you guys think?

TRENDING THREADS