Sonos Beam

rthanudhasan

Jun 22, 2020
Visit site
This compact Sonos soundbar could transform your listening experience.

Sonos Beam : Read more
Usually, I do lots of research before buying a tech product and I always select the one for its quality rather than the cost. So, I bought my first Sonos products "Beam" and "Sub" in November of 2018 thinking that it is one of the quality products in the market.

Fast-forwarding to 19th June 2020 we were watching a movie using the Sonos setup. The mobile app on my iPhone prompted me that there is an update available for its product. Like, everyone, I started the software upgrade process using the app, and after that my "Beam" stopped working. So I contacted there Twitter support to understand what's going on. After some troubleshooting, they said that my "Beam" suffered a "Boot Failure" and they will provide a replacement.

I was relieved after they said replacement because the product was just 1.5 years old(Sonos provides only 1-year warranty) and only after that software update my "Beam" stopped working which was no fault of mine. But here is a twist in the story the replacement that they are offering is NOT FREE I have to pay $236.45 and also I have to send back my old "Beam" so that Sonos can send me a refurbished unit. This is what you call TRADE-IN and NOT REPLACEMENT.

This is a pure SCAM, with one software update, you Sonos turned my "Beam" into an expensive paperweight and forcing me to buy a product. What is the guaranty that the same will not happen again?

In this time of age brand loyalty and word of mouth are very important to any company. I will never ever in my life buy another Sonos product or recommend it to anyone. All the trust I had on Sonos is now destroyed.

Tonyeth

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
I'm a great Sonos fan and rate their products highly. However the Beam is by far their worst product. It lacks both bass and volume. I asked Sonos about this and they suggested buying a Sub to help with the bass issue.
I know this product gets good reviews, but try before buying. Products bought directly from Sonos automatically give you 100 days to try and then a free return if you're not satisfied. This is what I did - the returns process was hassle free.

erbasically

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
This compact Sonos soundbar could transform your listening experience.

Sonos Beam : Read more
I bought the Beam nearly two years ago because of all the good reviews and I am still not convinced of its greatness. I've 'Trueplayed' it several times, even borrowing an older iPhone after reading that newer models don't work as well. However the end result is just an OK-sounding loudspeaker which, in my living-room, has no discernible soundstage and barely any image, just a vague stereo effect. Dialogue is often too quiet unless you increase the volume to multiplex levels and that isn't appropriate in a typical terraced house. Streaming Deezer music in FLAC with Trueplay on but loudness off, the sound is stodgy and shut-in, like the music is only happening inside the speaker rather than in the room. I expected more from such a highly-rated device.

Last edited:

lord.ford

Apr 30, 2021
Visit site
I am increasingly 'curious' as to the extent which What Hi-Fi promote Sonos products. Don't get me wrong, they are good but the lack of connectivity and/or DTS support for their sound bars is a non-starter for me. My curiosity is peaked this year as a number of really strong contenders to the Beam have been released (Denon 550 in particular) and yet no reviews - rather they have re-hashed the old old reviews of the Beam and Arc....

erbasically

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Funnily enough I like the simplicity of the Beam and how easy it is to stream music. It's the sound that annoys me: yesterday, watching a film on Netflix the music must have been audible in the next street but the dialogue was like a whisper. Surely Sonos must have the know-how to make film soundtracks sound good on a soundbar?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts