Sonos Beam (Gen 2) Dolby Atmos soundbar

erbasically

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
If you use a Sky Q box, then that's easy to fix. Sonos is not the only soundbar that occasionally have an an issue with syncing.
The only easy fix I've seen is to turn off Dolby audio on the Sky Q so the Beam gets stereo from Sky channels and Dolby from broadcast TV and the TV's apps. Is there an easy way to do it without losing Dolby audio from Sky Q?

Drwat

Oct 15, 2021
Visit site
Yep, I’d like to know this too. Having said that, I have a Yamaha bar and that suffers the exact same issue with Sky Q

Daelos

Oct 30, 2021
Visit site
I'm extremely disappointed with my SONOs Beam Gen 2.

It doesn't sound great at all. Different services have different volume and EQ levels. I'm constanly having to mess with the EQ setting to get anything that sounds natural.
It doesn't help the the EQ settings are buried so deep into the settings that it's an utter pain to adjust.

My TV is DD+ capable, has ARC, etc., but I can only seem to get DD to work and even only about a third of shows marked 5.1 actually get recognised by the Beam as such.

Anything recorded in DTS gets downmixed to stereo.

It's never mentioned in the advertising or on recent reviews that Trueplay is something that only works with Apple devices. Why do we need another manufacturer's device to set the soundbar up properly? And if that's the case, why just one specific manufacturer and not many? Why didn't they just include a microphone in the box instead of relying on some other companies product?

Linking to Google Home devices just doesn't work .

The app is trash. Lots of features to sign up to music services and listen to music but I bought a soundbar. I'm not interested in music services. I want TV centric controls first and foremost and all the rest is superfluous to me. To have to dig down so far into the settings to adjust the EQ it's funny.

And yes, there is an issue with audio delay that can't be fixed with the app. Anything played on my Chromecast for TV (which is my preferred sources on content) comes out slightly delayed too.

I was so hyped up for this and now soo disappointed. I'll give it another week and if things are no better after that it's going back and I'll buy something from a manufacturer that at least makes some effort into making their products work for everyone instead of a super narrow demographic.

Reactions: Techtalk

Paulydauly

Mar 21, 2023
Visit site
No mention whether this resolves the issue of Voice Lag, that still plagues the gen 1?
Disappointed with this not being mentioned.
Actually easy, if you have a Sonos system. Go through the settings on your phone, next to EQ, and there's a sync slider from plus to minus. Adjust for best sync - and it's fine! Like all Sonos products, (and rather like Apple products), it's not cheap, but it's clean, classy, and sound!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts