• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Sonos and Spotify

woodster

Jun 24, 2007
So what do you do first?

Do you upgrade on spotify to premium account and it appears magically on sonos?

Or

Do you upgrade software on sonos to include spotify option and then go premium?

Is the pairing alive yet?

Help

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
The Sonos will update automatically to give you Spotify.

If you already have a Spotify premium account, all you'll need to do is log into it on the Sonos.

woodster

Jun 24, 2007
Its not live on sonos yet, I now have apremium account and its not appeared on the sonos controller despite checking for updates. Guess I shall have remain patient arggghhhhh

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
The 3.3 firmware which includes support for Spotify will be available "by the end of the month", along with the iPad controller.

A

Anonymous

the sonos updates are out

v 3.3 updates include - updated desktop app , iphone app and the CR200 controller, the look and feel is very similar to previous versions with the exception of spotify integration of course, the most significant upgrade is the ipad, it moves it from a standard iphone app to a triple section display with drag and drop to music queue - very nice

Andy H

Nov 14, 2007
Is the spotify only for premium accounts. I use the free version will I be able to use that ??

Pete Shields

Sep 23, 2008
Agreed. Combined birthday present with the other half methinks.

I saw a queue outside the apple store a week or so ago. Didn't ask them what they were standing there for, but I assume it was for Ipads.

woodster

Jun 24, 2007
After some deliberation, I have decided on seeing the sonos/spotify ipad app that the pc/mac and iphone interfaces for sonos are very very poor. How disapointed was I on seeing the iphone sonos/spotify connectivety........long wait for something so visually poor, sonically sound though.

Damn it deliberation over....... I need the ipad!

Pete Shields

Sep 23, 2008
Dan.m , I'd used the ZP90 for 3 months without a DAC, then plugged in my old Audio Alchemy DAC. A marked improvement. I then treated myself to a DACmagic after all of the good reviews and would agree that the improvement was again marked. I think it's money well spent and probably as good as you need for the ZP90 as a source. Sound is more defined and open in my system.

Try a demo - maybe along with the new Arcam. I'm sure you won't be disappointed,.

woodster

Jun 24, 2007
I was generally happy with the sonos system before I moved in the dac direction, no complaints, much improved soundstage through the Kelidhs and Kandy.......Yep very happy especially with spotify, though stand fast the electronic interface!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS