SONIC STAGE/WINDOWS 7

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I know this is a Hifi forum not a PC forum but can any body help?
I have 2 Sony MP3 players that use Sonic Stage software. When I bought my Windows 7 PC I didn't expect Sonic Stage to work with it being so old. To my surprise it did work for about 2wk but then a MP3 site I visited downloaded a search bar in my browser. I Uninstalled the search bar which must have taken a Windows driver with it (i get a message on Windows start up about driver problems) and now Sonic Stage does not work. I have tried to re-install Sonic Stage but have same problem. Other than I complete Windows format back to factory condition I cannot see a way round this problem.
Any ideas?

Nick

A

Anonymous

Tried it. After system reboot message still comes up about driver problems.
Message reads " Pinnacle driver check detected problems with your driver settings would you like to fix these now?" which after clicking yes it fails to do and asks to contact your administrator! aaaagggggghhhhh.

Don't you just love PC's

A

Anonymous

Not to state the obvious but have you have tried system restore?

A

Anonymous

Yep tried system restore on a number of occasions from different "restore points" and always get the message that it failed to restore. I think PC's just hate me.

A

Anonymous

Hi Alan
The problem is, the sonic stage software on the PC will not launch anymore since the driver problem started.
I have a Sony NWZ-X1060 that you can just drag and drop music files into or sync with media player. But I have an older Sony that uses Sony's own Atraac format and needs Sonic Stage to convert music to Atraac. I still use this older player because despite all the reviews saying the NWZ-X series were the best sounding MP3 players, I think music in Atraac is a far superior sounding format. I think I will just have to hijack the kids Windows XP computer I know Sonic Stage works on that. I just wanted to do all my music transfer on one PC.

Nick

A

Anonymous

OK now I am totally confused. Tried Sonic Stage again today and it's working! So all this ranting by me on the forum was a complete waste of time. My PC downloaded a load of updates for Windows 7 last week I can only assume that a previous Windows update had stopped sonic stage from working. Duh!

Nick

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts