Sonic Highways

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Just watching the second episode now on BBC4HD. For those that don't know, there's eight episodes, one for each track of the upcoming Foo Fighters' album Sonic Highways. Each track has been recorded in a different city across the US, and each episode looks at the musical history and influences of that music on the track written and recorded in that city.

Interesting stuff, and still worth watching even if you're not that keen on the Foos.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
are exclusive to iplayer, bigboss, but it's not yet clear to me when they become viewable; they weren't as of five minutes ago.

I can see myself making playlists of the soundtracks.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The first two episodes were aired one after the other last night on BBC4HD presumably to catch up with he US, where is started a week earlier. Not sure why the rest aren't on there. Worth seeking out though.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
context of what I said earlier, it is the decisipn not to show them all on BBC4 that I find silly.

Just have to accept that the car thing is down to lack of use I guess, but it's running now, thanks.

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Alec said:
context of what I said earlier, it is the decisipn not to show them all on BBC4 that I find silly.

Just have to accept that the car thing is down to lack of use I guess, but it's running now, thanks.

Silly - yes. Car - good.

Xonne

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Not a fan of foo fighters, but I like their music. The series is very well produced and I loved the first to episodes.

If you like going back in time, listening to different storys from talented musicians and very good music that inspire you, then you have to whatch this show.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Alec said:
so a HDMI problem shouldn't necessarily prevent you from seeing it...?
It certainly plays its part, as it is the picture that has failed :)

The HDMI in question links from my processor (back of the room) to my TV (front of the room). I generally watch TV stuff on my TV rather than my projector as I seem to be watching about 400-450 films per year, so don't want to waste bulb life unnecessarily - and I'm not messing about round the back of the system unplugging and plugging HDMIm cables here there and everywhere! :)

sheggs

May 30, 2012
Visit site
We were really pleased to see some of our gear in the Austin City Limits studio which we weren't aware of. So we now have some cool pics of our panels with Butch vbig and Dave Grohl in front of them.

It is an interesting series and some of the people they have had on could have had shows just about them

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Managed to catch up on them all now - just waiting for the next one on Saturday which will be interesting as it is Seattle, which I'm presuming will be heavily Nirvana/grunge based. Fascinating getting to know some of these characters who have made their mark on the front line of music and are now anonymously doing the same behind the scenes.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts