Songs about or that mention Formula 1, or any form of motor racing etc etc

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
The only two I know are Daytona from “The Road To Hell by Chris Rea and Speedway at Nazareth from “Sailing To Philadelphia by Mark Knopfler”, first one about Nascar and the second about Indy car, does anyone know any others.
I think there was also a song that mentioned Ayrton Senna.?
Were there any songs written about the tragic weekend at Imola in 1994 when Roland Ratzenberger and Ayrton Senna got killed?

A

Anonymous

The Distance by Cake is the first one that springs to mind.

I think Teenage Fanclub had an album with a photo of a Formula ?? racing car on the cover. I don't know if that had any songs about motorsport though.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
"Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen
This is Billy McKloski from Palm Springs reporting for NBC Sports of America
Twenty seconds to the start of the thirty-first Formula race on a hot sunny afternoon here in California"

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
k17423_b.jpg

Faster, from George Harrison's eponymous 1979 album, is dedicated to "the entire Formula One circus". Unfortunately it's not very good.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:"Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen
This is Billy McKloski from Palm Springs reporting for NBC Sports of America
Twenty seconds to the start of the thirty-first Formula race on a hot sunny afternoon here in California"
"Good Evening Andrew" Could you enlighten me with a bit more info on the above?

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:What's this for LA? Does it have to be F1 or just cars in general?

Formula 1, Nascar, Indy Car , Le Mans series, WSTC, BTCC, Formula 3, GP2, Formula Ford 1600, Formula 3000, Formula Renault etc etc.
Le Mans, Daytona, Monaco, Silverstone, Bathurst, Imola, Monza, Macau, Nurburgring,Indianapolis, Goodwood etc etc or about or mention of any of the drivers etc etc.
But all to do with racing and not rallying if possible.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts