Somebody choose some speakers for me

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Okay so I am looking for some speakers for my bedroom, and am completely confused as to what to get. I want the speakers to link up to my Sony tv, ps3 and pc, as well as have the possibility to link up to my mp3 player if I want to listen to music without turning on the computer.

First I was thinking of getting either hifi speakers, or surround sound home cinema speakers (Jamo A102's), but have decided there is no where near enough room for either. Therefore I am now looking at audioengine A2's, as they are small, not too expensive, and highly rated by 'what hifi' and others (they won best budget desktop speakers in the what hifi awards). I am confused though about what kind of speakers these are; pc, ipod, mp3, hifi? Or does it simply not matter?

Other highly rated speakers are the Dynaudio MC-15's, although these are around six times the price at £670. What other speakers do a similar job that are in between these two prices? Also, where are the best online retailers found?? Okay and I have just seen the Cambridge audio DacMagic.... What on earth is this??

A

Anonymous

I needed some speakers for my study, to listen to while I work during the day. They were to serve PC and Onkyo Shoebox system. I bought some Gale Gold Monitor from Richersounds for £80, and they threw in some cable as well.

They sound very smooth and relaxing. I have them on bookshelves and their bass is very very loud for small boxes. I thought the strong bass was the box effect of the shelves and placed on top of my floorstanders in lounge as an experiment, and they still had strong bass, albeit a touch flabby.

Go in to Richersounds and have a chat and listen, they generally seem pretty decent in most of the stores I have been to.

What Hi-fi recommend Tannoy Mercury F1 and I am sure they did this for good reason, so give them a listen.

When I have time I wouldn't mind doing a comparison of my Gales to my PMC speakers, just to understand the differences. I really like those Gales, they are quite cheery and hard working.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts