some helpful imput and clarification please ?

john13

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi johnny from glasgow the great north, scotland.. i recently changed from my home theatre amp to get a soundbar and going to original natural sound feel for my vinyl with an integrated yamaha amp, great sound and all with my rega turntable yamaha speakers and yamaha amp now no radio on the amp;.. so on the hunt for a radio separate;.. does the fm lw radios still pick up a lot of statons or do i need to go dab radio, as i have spied some beauties of yamaha radio separates on e-bay and amzon, so do i go with an fm/lw radio deck or a dab radio deck, thank you for reading my dilema, johnny

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Johnny can I throw another suggestion at you? Have you considered internet radio? if you have the facility at all to send internet radio through your HiFi from whatever source (computer, smartphone etc) I would probably give DAB a miss. For a bunch of eye-glazing technical reasons, mainly relating to over-population of the DAB wavebands and the UK's decision not to go with DAB+, the quality is not a good as it could be. Internet radio is nearly always better than DAB, providing you can find a convenient way of piping it through your HiFi (and of course providing the stations you want to hear have a feed). FM is still brilliant though and with a good tuner and a good roof-top aerial is often the best of the lot.

Happy to echo MF's wise words. Ironically, you can buy excellent ?FM tuners for under twenty quid used but still need a good aerial, which very few suppliers can even obtain these days. Out telly aerial chap had never even seen a six element aerial until I asked him to move mine!

TRENDING THREADS