Some good speakers for home studio

denontillidie

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I am looking to upgrade the speakers that I am currently using for my home studio.

I currently have a cambridge audio azur 340se amplifier running a set of teac ls-600u speakers.

These are being fed from my pc soundcard, and mainly use programs like reason to create electronic music.

I experiemented with the Q acoustics 2010 speakers that are being used on the system in my kids bedroom, and was very impressed with the overall sound, but being the same size as my current speakers did not dig deep enough into the lower frequencies, so something a little larger is needed.

I have limited space for these as one is on the window sill next to me and the other as attached to the computer desk.

Any suggestions would be appriciated, I have looked at the Q acoustics 2020i's and the MA BX2's but the latter is a bit on the top end of my price range.

Cheers.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

The obvious answer is a pair of active monitors. Built for the job they will give you both power and punch in the bass that you are unlikely to match using conventional amp/speaker combos.

You can spend whatever you like, A pair of Studiospares/Seiwin 6a can be had for around £160 and if you want to spend more, Presonus Eris 5 or Yamaha HS5 cost just £230 and £260 (ish) respectively.

https://www.studiospares.com/Headphones-and-Speakers/Studio-Monitors.htm

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts