some friendly advice on possible purchases (and a hello)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi to all - just joined the forum.

I am seeking a little advice. I currently have the following

Arcam Alpha 7 CD player (not the SE version)

Arcam Alpha 6 Integrated Amp

I am thinking of changing these ( I bought them second hand a few years ago) I can currently get a Cyrus 6vs2 Amp at a very atttractive price- although I was looking more towards the Roksan Kandy K2 as it has a phono stage which would be nice but not essential. I would like to go for the Cyrus 6SE Cd player.

My big question (which i already suspect the answer) is are these upgrades a significant improvement over my current kit? And woudl anyone recommend interconnects for this type of kit?

A

Anonymous

Well I took the plunge and bought a Cyrus 8vs2 amp - it's early days yet but I am seriosuly impressed so far, a noticable improvement - more clarity and focus - sounds much crisper (for want of a better word).

Trouble is a I need a CD player to do it justice (may need to save up a little first) - I have noticed that the Arcam DIva CD192 is available at considerably reduced prices at the moment - would anyone recommend this as a partner to the Cyrus?

A

Anonymous

Cheers for the reply - however the question has just become accademic - I have ordered a Cyrus CD8x just now (£419 - a very good price).

Awaiting delivery tomorrow!

A

Anonymous

Just got it delivered (to work so won't be able to connect and test till later sadly) - looking forward to working through the cd collection with it!

Music wise I mainly listen to Rock (anyhting from prog,softer commercial ,aor,pomp,space and heavyish) to electronic (Tangerine Dream/Jarre,Synergy etc etc), NewAgieish through to folkish/bluesy (anything other than pop really). Plus a reasonable amount of classical as well.

Pretty much covered the hifi upgrades for now (and a while) given the Senheisser HD650s I bought not that long ago as well. Don't think the finances will stretch any further for a while!

T

the record spot

Synergy eh? Haven't heard that name for a while - better known as keyboards whizz and onetime Peter Gabriel collaborator, Larry Fast.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts