some dvds dont have any sound when playing through xbox to my dac??

simon3102000

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys, i recently picked up a new slim xbox and have it wired into my dacmagic with optical cable for when i listen to music or watch concert dvd's on it or the odd film, now some dvds dont seem to have any sound?? I played a john lennons greatest hits dvd which worked fine, then i wanted to watch a t-rex gig dvd but this didnt have any sound so i switched to an old oasis gig dvd and that worked, then in the evening i was going to watch twilight and new moon films using my hi-fi but there was no sound again, didnt get this problem with my ps3. my xbox sound setting is set to digital stereo, the other sound options are dolby 5.1 or dolby digital stereo but they dont work even for menu sounds.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I suspect the discs you can hear have PCM audio, which is being fed to the DAC. The ones you can have Dolby Digital or DTS soundtracks, which won't give an output the DAC can handle.

simon3102000

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Andrew Everard:I suspect the discs you can hear have PCM audio, which is being fed to the DAC. The ones you can have Dolby Digital or DTS soundtracks, which won't give an output the DAC can handle.

Ah right yeah because on the ps3 you could select pcm but the xbox seems a bit inferior in that department, bummer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts