Some 42-inch LG C2 OLED TVs use an older panel type

Fit_HyFy

Apr 5, 2022
Visit site
Has checking OLED Cell Info in the Service Menu on the LG 42 OLED been tested?

Looking at this screen from ***** there does not appear to be a OLED Cell info option
HDTVTest - I Bought The World's First 42-inch OLED TV! Unboxing + Early Measurements [yQb2lXbi...png

Last edited by a moderator:

Fit_HyFy

Apr 5, 2022
Visit site
Please don't use posts to drive traffic to other sites - unless specifically asked. Forum rules appear at the start of most sub-forums.
That was not the aim of my post. I am just challenging if the article is correct. It says:

Want to know if your 42-inch C2 has a WBC or WBE panel? You'll need to bring up the hidden Service Menu (check how to do this online as it varies between models). Then find the line that reads "OLED Cell Info" – it should say either WBC or WBE.

The link is just me referencing my evidence. The article already references to the same youtube video I did in the "As discovered by HDTVtest" section.

Geoff-W

May 15, 2020
Visit site
So once again, customers who have to buy the smaller screen sizes because of space limitations, are short-changed on the performance capabilities compared to the larger screens. I'm fed up of having no choice but to buy these 'crippled', lower tech TV's.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts