So how do you go 4K? Do you need an amp if you have a 4K ultra hd Blu-Ray player?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

As above. Just wondering if you need an amp or not? Can you get away with just a 4k Blu-Ray player and TV?

ta

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
gel said:
As above. Just wondering if you need an amp or not? Can you get away with just a 4k Blu-Ray player and TV?

ta

If your bluray has 2 Hdmi with 1 for sound and the other for video, then you don't need to upgrade your AV reciever. If you want both atmos and dtsx then the new Amos should HDR compatible any way. Some atmos Amos like mine are not HDR compliant do I would have to have 1 Hdmi to the TV and the other to my amp. And, obviously I would also need to buy a 4k TV.

you are getting the bug aren't you gel I.e. New OLED Panasonic TV and 4k BD :)

D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
gel said:

ta

If your bluray has 2 Hdmi with 1 for sound and the other for video, then you don't need to upgrade your AV reciever. If you want both atmos and dtsx then the new Amos should HDR compatible any way. Some atmos Amos like mine are not HDR compliant do I would have to have 1 Hdmi to the TV and the other to my amp. And, obviously I would also need to buy a 4k TV.

you are getting the bug aren't you gel I.e. New OLED Panasonic TV and 4k BD :)
Cheers mate. I am getting the bug a bit but not sure if 4K is worth it? Or if it's just a fad like 3D?

I can't see every 4K ultra hd Blu-Ray player having 2 HDMI inputs just like 3D? I guess we will pay extra for 2 HDMI inputs.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
Hold fire gel. First see how things pan out. Let the prices fall a bit.
Will do BB, I will be out for a bargain!

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
First player from Samsung only appears to have 1 HDMI out.

Probably worth waiting for Marantz, Oppo etc to release their players but if people cant wait at about £400 the price of early admissision is not too bad a pill a swallow if your desperate for it

D

Deleted member 2457

ellisdj said:
First player from Samsung only appears to have 1 HDMI out.

Probably worth waiting for Marantz, Oppo etc to release their players but if people cant wait at about £400 the price of early admissision is not too bad a pill a swallow if your desperate for it
I reckon Oppo will be about £600.

TRENDING THREADS