SME Model 6

scribbleout

Sep 16, 2020
Visit site
Blimey !! So ya think 6 grand s cheap for this . Seen better looking sub £500 models.
Yeah... But... Does £500 get you a music player or a DJ deck? Do you plug a £500 turntable into a stack of HiFi or is that the type of thing you connect to a Pioneer A/V amp?
I've heard some good Turntables at £500 but they probably sound like a block of Gouda that's been left in the sun and is attracting insects compared to this.
The tonearm on this costs £1500 or something along those lines if you buy it alone (that's for a secondhand one I think!!!)

Rupert the Super Bear

Aug 8, 2020
Visit site
Ridiculous. I guess it makes a change from the endless turntables that are just recycled Regas, but for £6000 there are dozens of truly wonderful decks out there that would run rings round this.

Chapeau to those real world British manufacturers going out to China for top class build quality at affordable prices. A big thumbs down to those manufacturers who are only interest in supplying Harrods punters with more money than sense.

vinyl fan

Dec 26, 2020
Visit site
Blimey !! So ya think 6 grand s cheap for this . Seen better looking sub £500 models.
hello there...yes why go to 500...you can now get tables for 100 pounds INCLUDING a cartridge and a phono stage! and as far as looks, i don't think looks can be judged.. and that too in a photo.they are subjective too. SME is a leading british quality turntable maker, and like others commented, you don't HAVE to buy anything! most timex's keep better time than an IWC, Lange, or a rolex. they do sell, and increasingly so ever year!! i think you are talking different leagues here, and products do enter the markets at a large number of price points. considering that this new SME is at a sixth of their top model and as the review says, has retained the DNA of the top models, to a real vinyl lover that says a lot! well done SME!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts