• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

SME Model 6

nopiano

Feb 15, 2009
Blimey !! So ya think 6 grand s cheap for this . Seen better looking sub £500 models.
The caption photo makes it look like a 7” toy player at first glance, perhaps because of the outsized control box. When you look at the close ups the engineering we love SME for becomes very evident.

Now, where are my Premium Bonds?

scribbleout

Sep 16, 2020
Blimey !! So ya think 6 grand s cheap for this . Seen better looking sub £500 models.
Yeah... But... Does £500 get you a music player or a DJ deck? Do you plug a £500 turntable into a stack of HiFi or is that the type of thing you connect to a Pioneer A/V amp?
I've heard some good Turntables at £500 but they probably sound like a block of Gouda that's been left in the sun and is attracting insects compared to this.
The tonearm on this costs £1500 or something along those lines if you buy it alone (that's for a secondhand one I think!!!)

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts