Small speakers for Cyrus CD8x & 8VS

gingersmarty

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Hi, Ive had the cyrus kit for a little while now, and i'm looking for an upgrade for the speakers currently Kef Q35.2. They must be standmounts and can be no further than 12" from walls. Viewing the forums reccomendations seem to be ATC Sm11, Proac 110, pmc db1+ & Epos M12.2, audtions are going to difficult to achieve. Budget no more than £500.00, obviously only the epos can be had for this new, is it worth waiting for something second hand. Current cables are cyrus interconnect & QED silver anniversary. Room is 3x3.5m. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
All very good speakers and any of them would be an upgrade from what you have. ATC is hard to drive and very revealing so if you listen to a lot of Brit-Pop and heavy metal I wouldn't go for them. I guess if I have to choose a pair out of that lots then Epos would be it for all round entertainment.

Note: I never heard the + version of DB1, they might be a lot better than original!

gingersmarty

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the advice, i was gravitating towards the epos's, the only other factor would have been the fact that the pmc's can be wall mounted [i think !] and i am worried about the same bassy/clarity problems i have at present. I guess this is less of an issue with a standmount. Wife will be pleased that the cheaper option may be the one to go with. One more bit of advice, would the epos's stand the addition of a smart power/power amp to the set up at a later date.

Thanks again.

A

Anonymous

Try to find some second hand Totems,much better than Epos,even some new Revolver RW16,superb speakers,the best I've heard for about £400.

gingersmarty

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the advice guys. Sorry for the delay in getting back, big computer problems. I'll start by a demo of the Epos's and Totems[Model ?], will let you know how it goes. Thanks again

A

Anonymous

Hi. This is my first posting here.

Same front end plus Cyrus Powersupply for CD player. Looking to replace aged Mission 780SE and willing to spend around £1K. Music tastes range from orchestral & opera via 70's rock to good Soul. Small room with same 12" limit on placement.

Is the advice any different?

A

Anonymous

Actually those old missions are very good speakers,the last one they made that I liked.I think it will be quite hard to beat them to be honest,I would probably look at Totems,new Revolvers,Dynaudio for example,try in your own room aswell if possible as every room has a different sonic signature they can effect the freq response of the speaker placed in it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts