Small room

Q Bass

Sep 5, 2007
Visit site
Hello

My brother's bedroom is tiny - there's just enough room for a bed and a computer desk

He is going to purchase a micro either Denon, Onkyo or Teac but he wanted to know what speakers would be best for such a small room?

I've said he should go for the Teac DVD/DAB micro as it's got 50w x 2

Thank you

p.s. He has around £150 for speakers but would like to spend less if possible

A

Anonymous

I'd use the computer as a source into some powered or active speakers. He could look at an uprated soundcard or external USB dac.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Q Bass"]
Hello

My brother's bedroom is tiny - there's just enough room for a bed and a computer desk

He is going to purchase a micro either Denon, Onkyo or Teac but he wanted to know what speakers would be best for such a small room?

I've said he should go for the Teac DVD/DAB micro as it's got 50w x 2

Thank you

p.s. He has around £150 for speakers but would like to spend less if possible
[/quote]
Asuuming the speakers will be on the computer desk, I would go for something like the Eltax Monitor 3s at Richer sounds for £60. Absolute bargain, and just about small enough. Also I wouldn't worry about a few watts here and there, it'll make little difference. I used to use some JPW mini monitors and a NAD 310 amp (20 Watts/channel) in similar circumstances and it filled a smalish bedroom with ease.

John Duncan

Wharefedale Diamond 9.1s are the best (IMO) at that price point, but they're physically quite big (296 x 194 x 278 hxwxd) - you may wish to consider the Tannoy Mercury F1 Customs (300 x 170 x 220), which are cheaper, samller, and nearly as good. Other smaller options are the Q Acoustics 1010i's, which are not quite as good as the two above (but still very nice) and very dinky - 215 x 195 x 150. Any of these would be a good match, I think.

russ74

Mar 6, 2008
Visit site
Also check out the Roth Audio Oli 1 speakers at £100, they are pretty small at I believe 19-20cm tall. Haven't seen or heard them in the flesh but from the pictures they look quite smart in lacquered black and silver. Got a good review in the magazine as well.

Q Bass

Sep 5, 2007
Visit site
Thank you kind people

He doesn't want to mess with soundcards and the like - he likes the 9.1's so far

I'll keep you all posted

Thank you again

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts