Sky3D Free to SkyWorld Customers (not)!!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm sure u remember the adverts that Sky ran to advertise its 3d channel.

"Sky3D available for free to all SkyWorld customers".

Well the trouble now is - its not free - well not really. Although the live sports event remain free (for the time being), and the old stuff is still freee - nearly all the new movies coming onto Sky3D are PAY-PER-VIEW.

So on top of the £62.25 a month subscription, they now want to change an extra £5.99 each time u watch a film.

Their greed seems to know no bounds.

Roll on September, when Virgin broadband gets rolled out in my area, and I can kiss Sky goodbye..

A

Anonymous

The point is how can u advertise a channel as FREE when its not.

[edited by mods to remove defamatory comments]

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
The channel is free, some content may not be, in exactly the same way that the Box Office channels are free (the only movies you'll pay for on Sky 3D are ones that are showing on Box Office) but the content isn't.

A

Anonymous

what is a channel without content?

How can u even suggest that Box Office Channel is free?

Everyone knows what Sky are doing. They advertise the channel as being free to tempt people to upgrade their subscription up to SkyWorld, and then they start charging - hoping enough people wont bother to change back.

What bugs me is they are still advertising it as free. A quick note to the advertising standards is needed I feel, and let them decide.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
There is no additional charge for the 3D channel; it's included in the package. Some content on the channel, when it is PPV on other channels, is also PPV on the 3D channel.

I really can't see what the problem is.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
TechMad:
what is a channel without content?

How can u even suggest that Box Office Channel is free?

You don't have to pay anything for the channel to be available in your package, unlike, for example, the Movie channels, however if you want to watch something you pay as and when you watch (as opposed to the Movies channels where you pay whether you watch anything or not).

Same with Sky 3D, if you have the full HD package the channel is there, for no extra charge and there's free content as well, unless you happen to want to watch a movie that's on Box Office, in which case you pay for it, exactly as you would if you were watching a movie in 2D from one of the Box Office channels.

Everyone knows what Sky are doing.

Yes, they're offering people a choice, you can watch the free stuff, or you can watch a Box Office movie in 2D, in which case you have to pay for it OR you can watch a Box Office movie in 3D, in which case you also have to pay for it.

They advertise the channel as being free to tempt people to upgrade their subscription up to SkyWorld, and then they start charging - hoping enough people wont bother to change back.

What bugs me is they are still advertising it as free. A quick note to the advertising standards is needed I feel, and let them decide.

Good luck with that, I expect they'll laugh in your face.

The channel is free, the content is free, unless it's content that you would have to pay extra for to watch in 2D. It's not that difficult a concept to grasp.

brendonw

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Seems a good choice of username to me
emotion-2.gif

ukdavej

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Didn't we have this debate a short while ago on another thread??

In summary.....

1) If it's badged up as free, usually it isn't

2) READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

EDITED BY MODS - please do not attack other members, and please moderate your language

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts