Sky unexpectedly raising subscription costs

cyclingman3

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Sky are being crafty here the price increase is to pay for the football contract that they have just signed . They are hiding the fact by only putting the sports subscription up by £1 the rest is going on the entertainment packages so if you have not got the sports package you are subsidising it.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Just run it past me again why I point blankly refuse to subscribe to a service that can easily cost me in excess of £100 a month for the full-on TV+BB package yet they still put adverts on. Actually no don't bother. I'll subscibe to that shiester of a service when hell freezes over, and if that means one day I just simply don't have live TV because Sky is the only option, I'll happily live with that.

jjbomber

MajorFubar said:
Just run it past me again why I point blankly refuse to subscribe to a service that can easily cost me in excess of £100 a month for the full-on TV+BB package yet they still put adverts on. Actually no don't bother. I'll subscibe to that shiester of a service when hell freezes over, and if that means one day I just simply don't have live TV because Sky is the only option, I'll happily live with that.

It can't ''easily'' cost you more than £100 a month as you can always get half price for the TV package and free unlimited broadband. My Mother pays £57 for the whole lot. That will now go up to £61. She was paying an extra £2.75 for multiroom. The offer finished, so she can celled multiroom. Nobody in their right mind is paying full price for Sky.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
This is a personal decision for everyone. I find that, for me, there are more than enough channels on Freeview and Freesat, augmented by those free sports websites that I can send to all my televisions!

wilro15

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Major is actually right. Sky are charging me £97 for TV (all packages) + broadband + telephone. I'd love to know how your mum is only paying £57!

I'm cancelling Sports soon to bring down the price a little.

jjbomber

wilro15 said:
Major is actually right. Sky are charging me £97 for TV (all packages) + broadband + telephone. I'd love to know how your mum is only paying £57!

I'm cancelling Sports soon to bring down the price a little.

You phone up Sky to say you are quitting. They check why and you say the price. they check you are happy with the services, you say yes. (The services are great, just expensive!!!)

They will offer you 25% off to stay with them. You can take this but you can do better. Say you still can't afford it and you have to leave. You give 31 days notice.

After 4/5 days the winback team will phone you up to win you back. They will offer 50$ off. If you are really good you can get free broadband too. You have to pay full for the line rental. In return, you have to sign on for another 12 months.

Good luck.

daveh75

Only try to get a deal if you're prepared to actually cancel/go elsewhere.

Because you're nothing but an ARPU and churn stats to them and the agents have targets to meet.

If you're unlucky to get the wrong agent they can and will call your bluff

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts