admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I have freeview at the moment which works fine as far as it goes, but I have a hankering to watch World Superbikes this year. World Superbikes only ever seems to be available on Sky Sports. This would entail paying some £37 ish per month to Sky + another £12 ish for a telephone line rental which I don't otherwise need. £49 per month and the only thing I'd be getting that I don't already get for free is the bike racing. Seems a bit steep to me. Is there any other way of getting Sky Sports other than joing Sky? Any suggestions at all will be appreciated.

Cheers in advance.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I think you can get Sky Sports through Virgin now, but I don't think it's going to be any cheaper - possibly more expensive.

Find a sports bar / pub which will be showing it is the only other alternative I know.

A

Anonymous

Thanks prof and buzz.

I will look into options for getting Eurosport.

much obliged.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Just to clarify, you don't have to take the phone line option - Sky's pushing its phone/broadband offerings heavily at the moment, but you don't have to subscribe. If you get past the main blurb on the website, it says 'different packages are available".

I'd call them and ask what the minimum is to get Sky Sports - and push until you get a non-telephone package offer!

A

Anonymous

Hi all, just an update,

I have just joined Sky and I have to say it went very well. As soon as I mentioned that I don't have a phone line, and don't want one, the lady on the phone said that this is no longer a problem. They charge an extra £25 on top of the install fee and that's it. I got the Sky HD box for £99 with the install costing £55 instead of £30.

They are installing it this coming Sunday afternoon. I didn't even need to go for the Sky Sports package either, as thanks to Buzzz, I now realise I can watch my bike racing on Eurosport. There is even a Eurosport HD channel now!
emotion-2.gif

Happy days!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts