Sky remote control ... my boy had a tantrum!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hiya my little one had a tantrum & threw the sky remote!! It used to control the tv volume,mute button etc... now it only controls the sky box to change channels & menu's?? the batteries did come flying out...I dont think it is broken it needs to be re programmed I think? any ideas would be most grateful cos using 2 remotes is doing my head in! many thanks

A

Anonymous

Its an old one I have gone back to my trusty CRT as my parents bought my plasma off of me so I can get a new one later this year! anyway its a philips Andrew ... do you need the model number? thanks

A

Anonymous

Hit the 'interactive' button on your remote (not the red one, the one near the top that says 'interactive').

Once the interactive menu loads, look for option 5 - 'Sky Customer Service' and select it (or just press the number 5 on your remote).

Then when the next page loads, look for option 5 - 'Program your remote' and select it.

Follow the on-screen prompts and your remote will be back up and running in no time.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
OK, there's two ways of doing it manually - with the brand code or the direct code for the specific TV. All I have is the Philips brand code and a number of direct codes for Philips, but not the model numbers they refer to, so you'll have to do some trial and error.

To program
using the 3 digit code
- 584, 065, 040, 041, 582, 221, 115, 071, 351 or 402

1) Switch on the TV set

2) Press the TV button on the
Sky Remote

3) Hold down the select and red
buttons for 2-3 seconds until the LED blinks twice

4) Enter the 3 digit code

5) Press the select button to
store

Press TV and any number to
test, If this does not operate the TV set try below.

To program
using the 4 digit code -

1) Switch on the TV set

2) Press the TV button on the
Sky Remote

3) Hold down the select and red
buttons for 2-3 seconds until the LED blinks twice

4) Press the TV button on the
Sky Remote again

5) Enter the 4 digit code for
your make of TV

6) The LED should blink twice,
if not recheck the 4 digit code used and go back to 1

7) Press the standby button on
the Sky Remote (The TV should go to standby)

8) Press select to store this
setting

If the TV does not go into
standby press the TV button then the standby button, then TV then standby,
keep repeating this until successful. This will scan the codes used for a
particular make of TV.

A

Anonymous

Andrew & tumbleweed thanks so much for your efforts im off to try it right now & will post back so it can help others if needed...many thanks for now

A

Anonymous

Guys thanks so much im back up with all controls now, For any other person needing this both ways work you just need the code! The sky interactive will find this for you as long as you have your tv model number to...cheers ;0)

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Just regular Sunday morning customer service!

emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Guys I cant thank you all again enough have also just used the link from be4con to do a friends set which sky was quoting a wrong code, so went on satcure & there was another....bingo job done!! such a simple thing but so annoying when you cant use the remote volume & mute....many thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts