• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Sky Q

Friesiansam

Feb 3, 2015
Sadly, no matter how good the box is, most of the available programmes are either rubbish, repeats or repeated rubbish, such is 21st century TV.

Paul_L

Oct 30, 2020
SkyQ is great in theory but in practice the sound over HDMI constantly drops out (worst on downloads, recordings and streaming). Sky engineer's are completely incapable of rectifying this issue and seem to have an attitude that it doesn't exist (read all the various online forums, including Sky's own, and you'll see how severe the issue is!).
Sky helpdesk can only suggest connecting via optical not HDMI - fine for good old 5.1 sound but OPTICAL DOES NOT SUPPORT DOLBY ATMOS!!
When I tried explaining that I'd upgraded to a 4k TV, and spent £2k on an Atmos sound system and that's why I'd upgraded to SkyQ, they simply could not understand the difference between Atmos and DolbyD.
Customer service over this has been shocking - 3 months in to my upgrade and mot enjoyed a single movie yet without repeated sound dropout (anything from a split second upto 2-3 seconds at a time). This is not a broadcast / download issue as can rewind and replay and sound is there for that moment, so clearly an issue with HDMI circuitry or software.

Very poor show from Sky!

Sliced Bread

Jul 28, 2010
We dropped Sky years ago and honestly haven’t missed it. There is so much out there that it’s just not necessary to have a box broadcasting repeats and the occcssional good show.

Instead we use Netflix, Prime abs Freeview which has LOADS of high quality programs and it still undercuts Sky on price enormously.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS