Sky magic eye

geddylee

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,I wonder if anyone can help.I have sky+ in one room and old sky box in another.Both are fed by twin core cables from sky dish.Second box does not have a viewing card.Although i can receive some channels at second location,I was wondering if it was possible to use magic eye to replicate viewing from sky+ on second box and if so how to set it up with existing cabling.

Cheers

G

daveh75

You wont be able to replicate viewing on the second box without a multiroom sub/viewing card..You wont be able to use existing wiring with a magic eye either...

You would need to run a cable from the RF2 out of your Sky+ box to a magic eye at the second TV where your standard Sky box currently is. This wouldn't allow independent viewing of channels though, both locations would only be able to watch the same programmes at the same time. The picture quality via RF isn't that great either and you only get mono sound too.

A

Anonymous

On a similar vein I currently have a second TV in a bedroom connected to the Sky box via coax from RF1. I'd like to be able to control the sky box from upstairs and I've seen these magic eyes but I'm confused as to how it would work in my setup.

They seem to run from the power of RF2, so would I need to run a second coax cable to the second TV from RF2 just for the magic eye or would it piggy-back on the existing one from RF1? Very confused.
emotion-42.gif

Cheers

daveh75

Wrighty81:

On a similar vein I currently have a second TV in a bedroom connected to the Sky box via coax from RF1. I'd like to be able to control the sky box from upstairs and I've seen these magic eyes but I'm confused as to how it would work in my setup.

They seem to run from the power of RF2, so would I need to run a second coax cable to the second TV from RF2 just for the magic eye or would it piggy-back on the existing one from RF1? Very confused.
emotion-42.gif

Cheers

Just connect the cable you've currently got connected to the RF1 on your Skybox to the RF2 output.. you will also need to switch RF2 power to 'On' in the menu.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts