Sky+ help

rs6mra

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Suddenly yesterday I was no longer able to change Sky chanels in different rooms with the use of the magic eye.

I have checked the RF settings on the Sky digibox and all appears to be fine. All the magic eyes are lit indicating that they are receiving power but nothing happens when I use the remote. I have reboot the box but to no avail. I have also switch off and on my Triaxx loftbox/amplifier.

Is there any way of checking the Sky box to determine whether it is the root of the problem?

Any other suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.

jjbomber

Could be the remote. Try that direct to the Sky box in the main room. The other way is to look at the infra red through a camera/smartphone. You can't see it flash with the naked eye but you can through a camera lens.

rs6mra

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
I have disabled and enabled RF2 but to no avail. What should I be looking for or trying to do when I connect directly to the RF2 on the box?

I have tried several remotes just to be sure and no luck either. I can't help but think it is the dig inbox or loft box as power is going through to all the magic eyes

daveh75

rs6mra said:
What should I be looking for or trying to do when I connect directly to the RF2 on the box?

That you control the box via an eye (make sure the IR sensor on the box is obscured).

At least then you should be able to narrow down the problem to either the Sky box or elsewhere in the distribution system (ie the loftbox)

rs6mra

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
How bizarre! I disconnected rf2 hooked up the eye, turned rf2 off and on and the magic eye light didn't come on. Disconnected eye reconnected as before and returned the eye to where it belongs connected it and now it works! Gremlins. Thanks very much. It might have been a lose connection but I checked all that yesterday.

On another note as a result of the above hiccup I had to resort to watching digital tv and discovered I get a few HD channels. What I cannot figure though is some broadcasts are 1080i and 1080p according to the TV info button. I didn't think the latter was possible.......

TRENDING THREADS