SKY HD - WHAT DO I GET?

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
This has been covered, so my apologies for wanting to go over it again. I assure you i wouldnt want to tho, had i not noticed something which led to some doubt.

i just have 2 mixes and sky plus just now. If i wanted to have no more than 1 or 2 mixes, and sky hd, do i get just the hd versions of the channels i already have in my mixes (in so far as they have HD variations), or do i get more?

The confusion is caused by this : http://packages.sky.com/see/ . When you click on any of the mixesw then click on the option to "see all channels in this pack", below the channels specific to that pack (they must have done away with the "mix" terminology"), appears the same list of 12 channels - "entertainment channels available in hd" is written above them. Below them it says: "Available to all customers who take the HD Pack and already have a Sky+ HD box."

So im confused. Do i get all 12 regardless of whether theyre in my mixes/packs? Or is it just those belonging to my packs, plus the 3 free to air hd channels? And to what does the phrase "the HD pack" refer, exactly...?

A

Anonymous

I thought the HD only got you the ones that belong to your mixes? I'm doubting myself now...

daveh75

You only get the HD channels that belong to your package!

clicky if you look at the text about half way down the page under where you select your stb it say's, The channels you receive with the HD pack depend on your Sky tv package.

HTH

A

Anonymous

i have the sky hd package and you have all channels even if you dont subscribe to the mixes.it is only sky sports and movies that you dont get without paying for it. i pay for sports package so i get it also in hd

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Thanks guys, but the plot has just got thicker with your contradictory replies.

Hmmm.

I mean, i know i wont get movies and sports channels in hd (that really would be too good to be true, and i dont care about them anyway), but the ones i pointed out, i thinki might get, yet i realise it says that waht you get depends on your package.

i really think it could be read either way.

(dont worry moodycow, i havent forgotten that you say you speak from experience - do you know the 12 channels im talking about? What channel packages do you sunscribe to...?).

EDIT - "suBscribe", even.

mikey2008

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
Pretty sure you'll only get what you have in your mixes. £10 a month is a lot IMO - I get all HD channels - if you only get a couple with your current mixes, I'd think twice - someone (from Sky) told me they were thinking about scrapping the fee for HD this year, but it hasn't materialised yet.

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
The HD mix is a stand-alone, with BBC HD, Sky HD, Sky Arts HD, Nat Geographic, History, Discovery HD etc. ÿWhen you opt for HD, you must also choose how many SD mixes you want (Entertainment, News, Shopping, Music etc). ÿOver and above that, you must decide if you want Sky Sports and/or Sky Movies. ÿThe three things are separate. ÿHope that helps.

A

Anonymous

i subscribe to knowledge mixes,sports and hd. but get all hd mixes. except movie hd as you have to subcribe to the movie package to get them in hd. if you pay the £10 sub for hd you get all hd even if they are not in your mixes. not including sports or movies

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
So...paying the extra tenner means i have subscribed to the hd mix, and get those channels...? What if i jsut got the box and didnt pay the extra £10...?

On a side issue, am i right in thinking that recordings to the box wont be in hd, even if the prog you record was, originally?

Thanks all!

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
al7478:

So...paying the extra tenner means i have subscribed to the hd mix, and get those channels...? What if i jsut got the box and didnt pay the extra £10...?

On a side issue, am i right in thinking that recordings to the box wont be in hd, even if the prog you record was, originally?

Thanks all!

If you don't pay the £10 you still get HD for BBC and C4.

The box will record HD content and display it at the exact same HD quality and will also record DolbyDigital where applicable.

A

Anonymous

there shouldnt be a disagreement as a woman im, as you know always right!!!!!!!!!! if you dont pay hd mix sub you can watch bbc1, channel 4 and luxe in hd for free

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
moodycow:there shouldnt be a disagreement as a woman im, as you know always right!!!!!!!!!! if you dont pay hd mix sub you can watch bbc1, channel 4 and luxe in hd for free

LOL! and if i do pay it i get those 3, plus whichever ones come in the packages i already get, plus those 12 channels i pointed out, regardless of whether they are in my pre-existing mixes...?

A

Anonymous

yes you'll get them all. i watch hd channels that i dont have as a normal mix. sky dont seem to explain it well online but all of them channels are classed as a hd mix .a mix would be pants if it were only one channel.if you get the mix you wont regret it.i hope !
emotion-2.gif

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
moodycow:yes you'll get them all. i watch hd channels that i dont have as a normal mix. sky dont seem to explain it well online but all of them channels are classed as a hd mix .a mix would be pants if it were only one channel.if you get the mix you wont regret it.i hope !
emotion-2.gif

Yeah, their communication leaves a lot to be desired!

On the other hand, im very tempted now as its getting much better and that separate hd mix is a major selling point to someone with only 2 channle mixes (variety and music, and id drop music and just have variety and hd i think. i like the idea of the hd mix as it has that arts channel, and ive heard of some good music stuff on it i think...).

Thanks again.

A

Anonymous

no problem.plus if your into music, mtv is also in hd. hope that helps

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
moodycow:no problem.plus if your into music, mtv is also in hd. hope that helps

I used to have the music channels a few years ago, but I had to get rid of it as I couldn't stand the adverts every 5 mins. It's more like an advert channel with a bit of music thrown in.

TRENDING THREADS