Sky HD upscaling question

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I've just ordered Sky HD, it gets installed next week and I will be using it with my 37PX80 which comes tomorrow so exciting times ahead (hopefully)

My question is though, Will the Sky HD box upscale my Starview cable box if I hook it up through the sky HD?

Thanks

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Your TV will upscale it any way. Not sure if by-passed signals are upscaled by the HD box but from My experience the scalers in My TV are better than those in the Sky HD box so I set the HD video output to AUTOMATIC, so HD channels are in HD and SD ones at 576i
emotion-15.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply. I've read on a few other forums people saying their SD picture seemed better when using a Sky HD box. Did u find this?

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I used to have Sky+ and IMHO the SD picture is much better using the HD box which I believe is down to the advantage of the HDMI connection. Some channels like ITV2 still look a bit ropey tho as their transmission sucks!
emotion-7.gif

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
D.J.KRIME:I used to have Sky+ and IMHO the SD picture is much better using the HD box which I believe is down to the advantage of the HDMI connection. Some channels like ITV2 still look a bit ropey tho as their transmission sucks!
emotion-7.gif

I agree with the Chelsea fan (never thought I would say that!). The HD box is a lot better with SD pictures and I think it's because you go from scart to hdmi.

Andy Grange

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
Clare Newsome:Agree with all of the above - including setting the Sky HD box to Auto.

The only issue I have with setting the box to auto is that there's a couple of seconds gap between selecting the station and it appearing on screen. You can more or less see the box working out which to select.

A

Anonymous

Yeah I've noticed that aswell, it doesnt really bother me but my other half is doing a bit of moaning about it. A bit of a side point but I've also noticed the 30x fast forward isnt great on the HD box. On my old Sky+ it was fine but it seems really jerky and to jump about a bit, so im getting a few moans about that aswell. ( I've already told her to just use 12x FF but I think she just likes to moan
emotion-12.gif
)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts