Sky+HD to external hard drive

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just looked through previous threads re this subject but still don't have a definitive answer to my question

Please help!

What I want to do instead of taking up all the space on the sky HD box I would like to save either viewed or not yet viewed HD recordings on an external hard drive.

Say for example the full series 7 of 24 (which I know has already started!)

Obviously if I was to save this onto the Sky box I would have no memory left

What is the best way for this to be done please

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
AFAIK it can't be done, since the Sky box saves the transport stream, not the programmes in any form able to be read by anything else. Your best best is going to be to get a computer able to accept either an HDMI input or component plus digital audio, and try to copy them that way.

The 20:20 hindsight answer is to fit your Sky box with a larger HDD - there are plenty of places on t'web telling you how to do that - but of course this will involve losing the recordings you already have.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andrew for your prompt response.

I expect that the fitting of a bigger HDD will interfere with any Sky warranty on the box?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
johnnymunro:I expect that the fitting of a bigger HDD will interfere with any Sky warranty on the box?

Just a little, yes. Best to wait until the warranty has expired if you're concerned about such things.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts