SKY HD problems...yet again!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
After constant problems, my original Thomson box was replaced 10 days ago. The replacement box's fans were constantly running,even after 2 hrs in standby(anotherThomson I might add), this was replaced 24 hrs later. And now the replacements replacement, again Thomson, has failed 3 times in 7 days. The picture freezes and then the box goes into standby, fails to respond for about 2 minutes, and any recordings made in the previous hour fail due to a technical fault. I'm rapidly running out of patience!!

What other makes of boxes are out there and are they significantly more reliable than Thomson?

Any help will be much appreciated.

A

Anonymous

Sounds to me your running it in a hotÿenvironment as Sorreltiger has questioned...

A

Anonymous

It is in a rack stacked on top of a little used dvd recorder (which I intend to remove), It has about 5 inches of free air above where the next shelf is. It is situated next to my av receiver with about 2 inches of space between the two pieces of equipment

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
On the face of it, that should be OK. ÿThat's why I tried not to be accusatory with my question! ÿYou could try it without the DVD recorder, maybe. ÿI know it's no consolation, but my Thomson box is more or less silent. ÿIf your box isn't, I'd make a fuss until you get one that works properly.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts